Volunteer organization run by volunteers for volunteers. ACCESS serves the need of the international community and has been a valuable associate of Volunteer The Hague by sharing the knowledge and ...
ACCESS Information Officer
Scan me or visit www.volunteerthehague.nl/o/ACCESS-Netherlands/opportunities/ACCESS-Information-Officer/50514 to join
SummaryACCESS relies on its English-speaking international and Dutch volunteers who enjoy helping others adjust to life in the Netherlands.
The process of becoming an ACCESS volunteer starts with our Information Sessions. The ACCESS Information Session consists of two parts: an informative presentation on ACCESS, its organisational structure and our volunteers, followed by individual interviews where skills and expectations can be discussed. Here, candidates will learn about us, what we do, how we do it and why we do it. It is an opportunity for you to get to know us, and us in turn to get to know you. Following the information session each applicant will have a short interview session. The information morning lasts a whole morning, but we strive to let everyone know, by the end of the day, if they have been selected. Following this, there are two training sessions in our back-office where we introduce candidates to our systems, and processes, and have more time to answer questions. A third, hands-on training takes place with a buddy on our helpdesk in our back-offices in The Hague. Following 2 months at our Helpdesk, if there are opportunities within the organisation candidates are free to apply to them. Besides the work from our back-office in The Hague, we also recruit and train for our teams at the expat centres of The Hague, Amsterdam, Utrecht, Leiden and Amstelveen with which we have a partnership arrangement. All roles and positions within ACCESS are subject to availability and opportunity.
What we offer
Volunteering for ACCESS is a rewarding way of using your existing skills and adding to your experience during your stay in the Netherlands. Furthermore it provides you with an opportunity to meet people, create community and give back.
What are the benefits?
- Work in a professionally-run, international organisation
- Provide support to the international community in the Netherlands
- Develop interpersonal skills
- Improve existing skills while learning new ones
- Be a part of a creative team
- Use spare time constructively helping others
- Benefit from our extensive resources
- Meet new people and develop your network
How to register
Should you meet the minimum requirements listed below, you are welcome to apply to become an ACCESS volunteer by submitting your application here. Please note that applications and attachments must be in English to be considered.
- You must have a BSN number. For non-EU citizens, you must have a valid resident permit.
- You must have a proficient level of English: spoken and written.
- Our volunteer work is flexible. We ask for a minimum commitment of six hours per week for three months within the office hours of 10:00 – 16:00 Monday – Friday (this may vary if you work from one of our external operations/expat desks).
- Unfortunately candidates actively conducting a job search cannot be considered for volunteer positions.
- You must have at least 3 months expatriate experience in the Netherlands. Extended foreign student experiences and/or worldwide business travel does not, unfortunately, qualify.