AWRA is a movement for everyone that believes in gender equity, openness, and collaborative partnerships. We work to ensure that African women and girls live their best lives without limitations and ...
Feminist Fundraiser Intern
Scan me or visit www.volunteerthehague.nl/o/African-Women-Rights-Advocates-AWRA1/opportunities/Feminist-Fundraiser-Intern/44057 to join
SummaryThe role of the intern will be to support African Women Rights Advocates (AWRA) in pinpointing and applying for suitable fundraising opportunities.
The intern will work mainly from home in the Netherlands, with a possible opportunity to meet with the Chief Operations Officer in Maastricht. The time commitment for the fundraising intern is roughly 10-25 hours/week in Mid-August 2021 to December 2021, and can be managed in conjunction with studies. We are flexible in regards to hours.
Main responsibilities, tasks, and interests:
- Researching and sourcing suitable funding opportunities/grants with details on requirements and restrictions, target groups and areas of interest;
- Writing grant applications;
- Maintaining an existing database of potential sponsors with details on CSR policy, communications/marketing strategy, and sponsor opportunities;
- Sending out sponsor applications;
- Supporting the strengthening relationships with existing sponsors;
- Supporting the building of relationships with potential sponsors;
- Supporting other activities as needed in regards to fundraising;
- Suggesting potential crowdfunding projects for AWRA
- Collaborate on social media, publicity, marketing and communication efforts where needed.
- The intern should be passionate about feminism; ending gender-based violence against women and girls in Africa and MENA; and human rights.
The intern will be supervised and mentored by AWRA's chief operating officer. The intern can expect to gain publishing experience through AWRA's blog, which is read by several UN-led organizations and other global players within international media and the development space.