The Buitenmuseum, about us
The Buitenmuseum is a picturesque part of The Hague on the Dunne Bierkade and surroundings and consists of a number of very beautiful pearls. You can visit almost all ...
Scan me or visit www.volunteerthehague.nl/o/Buitenmuseum/opportunities/Suppoosten/39755 to join
SummaryWe are looking for voluntary attendants who want to receive and guide people in the most beautiful part of The Hague.
The Buitenmuseum is a new museum in the Old Center of The Hague. The focus is on the heritage of Holland. The museum stands for interaction, learning and experience. The emphasis is on the Royal The Hague, the picturesque The Hague and prosperous Holland. The core of the museum consists of buildings by internationally renowned painters and the palace builder from the Golden Age, period gardens, ancient canals, the harbor quarter in The Hague, the oldest courtyard in The Hague and the philosopher's residence.
As a result of the start-up, we have a volunteer vacancy:
We are looking for attendants to join our team of volunteers.
• Receiving and welcoming visitors and groups;
• Listening to the visitors, adjusting visits to their wishes;
• guiding audio tour for visitors and groups;
• Keep an eye on how the visit is going.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- First and foremost: Hospitable
- In addition: Enthusiastic, strong communicator, a representative appearance, stress resistant and a good physical condition (there are a number of stairs in the buildings)
- In addition: Team player and living in the vicinity of The Hague
- As a volunteer you are available at least one and a half days a week
- Flexible in availability, during the week in the afternoon and or on Saturday and Sunday. The Buitenmuseum wants to extend its opening hours to Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday afternoon
- You also have knowledge of the products, such as the content of the audio tour, arrangements, lectures, workshops and exhibitions in the museum
- Pre is experience in a service-oriented position, for example catering, tourism or art and culture institution
- In addition, a good command of the Dutch language (oral and written) is necessary
- Pre is knowledge of the English language and preferably of the German, French and/or Spanish language
• An inspiring workplace with an enthusiastic team of volunteers
• An introductory program
• Participation in internal training courses and lectures
• Discount in the museum shop
• Free entrance to the museum incl. free tickets
• A volunteer allowance intended to cover travel costs
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs
The Buitenmuseum is a picturesque part of The Hague on the Dunne Bierkade and surroundings and consists of a number of very beautiful pearls. You can visit almost all locations accompanied by a guide from the Buitenmuseum. The Buitenmuseum has an attractive program for both groups and individuals (ticket sales).
Nowhere in the Netherlands can tourists visit the homes and studios of so many famous artists, thinkers and residents from our two Golden Ages (seventeenth and nineteenth centuries), where you can also get acquainted with Royal The Hague, the publishers' The Hague and the historic harbor area.
Our Wateringse Veld district is looking for connectors and fun!Our beautiful neighborhood is looking for company and connectors who can join us on the meeting evenings, Nice to see you! come and help so that we can meet each other, as neighbors.
Posted by Bewonersplatform Wateringse Veld