Cardia is a Christian elderly care organization in the Haaglanden region. We are organized on a small scale and provide care and support based on our vision that every person is unique and valued ...
Location de Thuishaven: Will you become a buddy of one of our residents?
Scan me or visit www.volunteerthehague.nl/o/Cardia-Landscheiding/opportunities/Location-de-Thuishaven-Will-you-become-a-buddy-of-one-of-our-residents/58857 to join
SummaryFor a number of residents of De Thuishaven we are looking for buddies who can undertake activities together with them and/or offer a listening ear.
Cardia is a contemporary care organization with short lines of communication. We offer person-oriented care based on our core values of inspiration, pleasure and expertise. We find it important that our employees and volunteers use their qualities and enjoy their work. In order to be able to carry out our person-oriented care, we mainly look at what the resident wants. For a number of residents of Cardia De Thuishaven we are looking for buddies who will work with these wishes and can undertake desired activities with them. For example, think about conversations about the past and about Scheveningen :), but also listening to music, doing something creative, singing or walking outside to, for example, the animal farm across the street from our residential care location.
- Together with the resident you discuss which activity you are going to do at that moment.
- You can do something creative with the resident, make music or go for a walk outside. You offer a listening ear to the resident.
- The advantage is that you can perform this function flexibly. You decide (together with the resident of course ;))
- The focused attention you offer makes the older person feel seen. Loneliness is thereby reduced in the elderly. You build a bond with each other. You get a lot in return, such as gratitude and appreciation.
- And if there is also interest in another (incidental/structural) activity, there are several options on a flexible basis.
So, please set aside a few hours a week for this, respond and sign up via this site!