How best can people know their rights or claim same except through awareness, education and training. How best can people learn to maintain peace? How best can justice be promoted and applied? To an ...
Communication assistent (volunteer)
Scan me or visit www.volunteerthehague.nl/o/Centre-for-African-Justice-Peace-and-Human-Rights/opportunities/Communication-assistent-volunteer/43916 to join
SummaryWe are looking for a Communication Assistant to provide support to the Communication Officer and to the CAJPHR’s Right to Quality Education team.
GENERAL INFORMATION AND VOLUNTEER DETAILS
6 months (with extension possibilities)
Part Time (20h/week - flexible)
English (knowledge of Dutch will be considered an advantage)
The Centre for African Justice, Peace and Human Rights (CAJPHR) is a Foundation which promotes the development and addresses matters pertaining justice, peace and human rights. Through training, awareness campaigns and events, people in Africa and around the world are provided with the necessary support and capacity to protect victims of human rights abuses and to promote peace, justice and human rights in their communities. The Foundation is located in The Hague and seeks to develop various events and activities this year which will be taking place in the Netherlands and abroad.
We are looking for a Communication Assistant to provide support to the Communication Officer and to the CAJPHR’s Right to Quality Education team.
As a Communication Assistant, you are mainly expected to help the Communication Officer on necessary tasks to enhance the team’s projects visibility. That includes (but not limited to) video recordings, document design, and social media work.
- Aid the team in designing documents and proposals;
- Assist with the designing and coordinating specific programme activities;
- Assist with collecting, complying and analysing information relevant to the team projects;
- Assist with creating, maintaining, and organising various documents on various digital platforms.
- Provide administrative support to projects and programmes as needed by writing, reviewing, and translating documents;
- Provide administrative support to the Communications Officer and the RQE Team
- Assist with writing and distributing content to promote the organisation's brand, activities or product
- Assume the duties of Acting Communications Officer when necessary.
Required skills and competencies:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well within a team and meet deadlines
- Ability to prioritise tasks and to work independently
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to coordinate activities
- Prior experience in communications or social media is not necessary but will be viewed as an advantage
How to apply:
Interested candidates can submit the CV and a Cover Letter explaining their interest and related previous experience and to: [email protected]
Applications will be accepted and treated on a rolling basis; Applicants are therefore, advised to apply at their earliest convenience.
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.
Information about the Right to Quality Education team
The Centre for African Justice, Peace and Human Rights (CAJPHR) and partners work with African stakeholders to provide essential school facilities for students in impoverished communities. The CAJPHR’s Right to Quality Education team supports communities that lack the infrastructure to provide a safe education environment for their students. We help these communities build and upgrade existing school facilities so they can provide a non-violent, inclusive and an effective learning environment.
CAJPHR and its partners are guided by the United Nations Sustainable Development Goal 4. More specifically we are focused on, A, promoting lifelong learning opportunities by “building and upgrading education facilities that are child, disability, and gender-sensitive in order to provide a safe, non-violent, inclusive and effective learning environment” (UN, 2018). CAJPHR and its partners work tirelessly to reduce the dropout rate of students by ensuring they have access to the most basic facilities such as basic drinking water and basic sanitation.
About Centre for African Justice, Peace and Human Rights
1) Prosecuting sexual violence perpetrated against the male gender (In conflict - and peace situations)
2) Legal research with possibility of field work
3) Capacity building of prosecutors, lawyers and judges in Africa
4) Women empowerment
5) Promotion of peace