How best can people know their rights or claim same except through awareness, education and training. How best can people learn to maintain peace? How best can justice be promoted and applied? To an ...
Fundraising Assistant ( volunteer )
Scan me or visit www.volunteerthehague.nl/o/Centre-for-African-Justice-Peace-and-Human-Rights/opportunities/Fundraising-Assistant--volunteer-/45267 to join
SummaryFundraising Assistant to provide support to the Fundraising activities of the CAJPHR’s Right to Quality Education team.
General information and volunteer details:
6 months (with extension possibilities)
Part Time (20h/week - flexible)
English (knowledge of Dutch will be considered an advantage)
The Centre for African Justice, Peace and Human Rights (CAJPHR) is a Foundation which promotes the development and addresses matters pertaining justice, peace and human rights. Through training, awareness campaigns and events, people in Africa and around the world are provided with the necessary support and capacity to protect victims of human rights abuses and to promote peace, justice and human rights in their communities.
The Foundation is located in The Hague and seeks to develop various events and activities this year which will be taking place in the Netherlands and abroad.
We are looking for a Fundraising Assistant to provide support to the Fundraising activities of the CAJPHR’s Right to Quality Education team.
As a Fundraising Assistant:,
you are mainly expected to apply and follow up with funding applications in order to implement the team’s projects. That includes (but not limited to) formulating funding proposals and researching funding possibilities.
• Conduct fundraising or promotion campaigns
● Create, maintain, organize various documents, on various digital platforms
● Collect, comply and analyze information relevant to the program
● Write Fundraising proposals.
Required skills and competencies:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Experience working in non-profit or civil society organisation
• Experience in conducting Fundraising activities
• Experience working on teams and/or projects
• Good attention to detail
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
• Ability to work unsupervised
• Ability to work flexibly on own initiative or as part of a team, supporting fellow team members
• Skills: problem solving, planning, organisational, communication (written and oral), interpersonal,
• Self-motivated, team player, flexible, and result oriented.
How to apply:
Interested candidates can submit the CV and a Cover Letter explaining their interest and related previous experience and to: [email protected]
Applications will be accepted and treated on a rolling basis; Applicants are therefore, advised to apply at their earliest convenience.
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.
Information about the Right to Quality Education team:
The Centre for African Justice, Peace and Human Rights (CAJPHR) and partners work with African stakeholders to provide essential school facilities for students in impoverished communities. The CAJPHR’s Right to Quality Education team supports communities that lack the infrastructure to provide a safe education environment for their students. We help these communities build and upgrade existing school facilities so they can provide a non-violent, inclusive and an effective learning environment.
CAJPHR and its partners are guided by the United Nations Sustainable Development Goal 4. More specifically we are focused on, A, promoting lifelong learning opportunities by “building and upgrading education facilities that are child, disability, and gender-sensitive in order to provide a safe, non-violent, inclusive and effective learning environment” (UN, 2018). CAJPHR and its partners work tirelessly to reduce the dropout rate of students by ensuring they have access to the most basic facilities such as basic drinking water and basic sanitation.
About Centre for African Justice, Peace and Human Rights
1) Prosecuting sexual violence perpetrated against the male gender (In conflict - and peace situations)
2) Legal research with possibility of field work
3) Capacity building of prosecutors, lawyers and judges in Africa
4) Women empowerment
5) Promotion of peace