How best can people know their rights or claim same except through awareness, education and training. How best can people learn to maintain peace? How best can justice be promoted and applied? To an ...
Legal Researcher (volunteer)
Scan me or visit www.volunteerthehague.nl/o/Centre-for-African-Justice-Peace-and-Human-Rights/opportunities/Legal-Researcher-volunteer/42867 to join
SummaryWe are looking for a Legal Researcher to provide support to the CAJPHR’s Capacity Building team.
As a Legal Researcher, you are expected to provide legal research work and analysis related to the scope of work of the Capacity Building Team, and give support to the team’s projects. That includes (but not limited to) researching, drafting, analyzing and editing legal texts, statutes, articles and reports related to Legal Capacity Building
in Africa. The position also supports the team in writing quotes and
elaborating the team’s magazine. All the members that join CAJPHR’s Capacity Building team are expected to contribute with the general work of the Foundation in developing policies, writing funding proposals, and creating awareness about the work developed. In addition, members should be active in sharing our work, and participating in meetings and events.
● Research, draft, analyze, edit legal texts, statutes, articles and reports related to legal capacity building in African countries
● Design and coordinating specific program activities
● Create, maintain, organize various documents, on various digital platforms
● Collect, comply and analyze information relevant to the Capacity Building Team
● Provide support to the Capacity Building team for writing, reviewing, and translating documents
● Build trust with stakeholders/donors and partners
● Assist the team with fundraising
Required skills and competencies:
● Excellent oral and written communication skills
● Have International Criminal Law or similar background
● Proven legal research skills
● Ability to work well with others and meet deadlines
● Ability to prioritize tasks, work calmly under pressure and to work independently
● Excellent organizational skills with the ability to coordinate activities
● Ability to record videos and effectively communicate with others.
How to apply:
Interested candidates can submit the CV and a Cover Letter explaining
their interest and related previous experience and to: [email protected]
Applications will be accepted and treated on a rolling basis; Applicants
are therefore advised to apply at their earliest convenience.
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.
Information about the Capacity Building team
Capacity Building is a process employed in most of the CAJPHR‘s initiatives, which aims to equip actors across Africa with the necessary resources to create sustainable solutions against criminal impunity for just & fair African societies. The Capacity Building team forms an atmosphere built on the principles of Justice, Accountability, Neutrality, Rule of Law and respect for Human Rights.
The team’s vision is to help create a conflict-free Africa enforcing
equal rights and freedom for one & all. And, the team’s mission is to
enable and empower criminal justice actors/stakeholders across Africa to investigate and prosecute violations of International Criminal &
Humanitarian Law within the domestic jurisdictions.
About Centre for African Justice, Peace and Human Rights
1) Prosecuting sexual violence perpetrated against the male gender (In conflict - and peace situations)
2) Legal research with possibility of field work
3) Capacity building of prosecutors, lawyers and judges in Africa
4) Women empowerment
5) Promotion of peace