How best can people know their rights or claim same except through awareness, education and training. How best can people learn to maintain peace? How best can justice be promoted and applied? To an ...
Project Assistant (volunteer)
Scan me or visit www.volunteerthehague.nl/o/Centre-for-African-Justice-Peace-and-Human-Rights/opportunities/Project-Assistant-volunteer/44093 to join
SummaryWe are looking for a Project Assistant to provide support to the Women Empowerment team.
GENERAL INFORMATION AND VOLUNTEER DETAILS
6 months (with extension possibilities)
Part Time (20h/week - flexible)
English (knowledge of Dutch will be considered an advantage)
The Centre for African Justice, Peace and Human Rights (CAJPHR) is a Foundation which promotes the development and addresses matters pertaining justice, peace and human rights. Through training, awareness campaigns and events, people in Africa and around the world are provided with the necessary support and capacity to protect victims of human rights abuses and to promote peace, justice and human rights in their communities. The Foundation is located in The Hague and seeks to develop various events and activities this year which will be taking place in the Netherlands and abroad.
We are looking for a Project Assistant to provide support to the Women Empowerment team. As a Project Assistant, you are mainly expected to help the Project Manager on necessary tasks to implement projects.
● Aid the Project Manager in writing proposals
● Designing and coordinating specific program activities
● Create, maintain, organize various documents, on various digital platforms
● Collect, comply and analyze information relevant to the program
● Provide administrative support to programs as needed by writing, reviewing, and translating documents.
● Provide Public Relation support by liaising and building trust with stakeholders/donors, partners and apply your optimal networking services.
● Assist the team with fundraising activities.
● Legal writing, knowledge in drafting/sending official correspondences, and aid in writing legal documents, reports, newsletter and more.
● Help the team publishing & designing any relevant report or document.
Required skills and competencies:
● Excellent oral and written communication skills
● Proven Administrative skills.
● Ability to work well with others and meet deadlines
● Ability to prioritize tasks, work calmly under pressure and to work independently
● Excellent organizational skills with the ability to coordinate activities
How to apply:
Interested candidates can submit the CV and a Cover Letter explaining their interest and related previous experience and to: [email protected]
Applications will be accepted and treated on a rolling basis; Applicants are therefore, advised to apply at their earliest convenience.
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.
Information about the Women Empowerment team
At Centre for African Justice, Peace and Human Rights, we empower women who’ve migrated from Africa or different home countries to the Netherlands and are disillusioned or helpless, to the point it manifests incapacity to achieve their life/career goals. We also empower female entrepreneurs within the Netherlands who are encountering challenges setting up their small business with little or no knowledge about the Dutch Market. We achieve this by providing and connecting them with the tools that would enable them to achieve their highest potentials in life.
Our Research has shown that migration whether positive or negative has side effects on women. Many female migrants and refugees are exposed to unspeakable challenges; some of them have become victims of identity crisis, sexual and domestic abuse. No doubt, these dwindles their chances of having a successful career and a fulfilled life. In the same vein, lack of mentor ship, information, coaching and motivation in the face of these challenges has caused women residing in foreign lands to drop out of school, go into drugs or alcohol, give into trauma, depression and other forms of mental or psychological situations.
About Centre for African Justice, Peace and Human Rights
1) Prosecuting sexual violence perpetrated against the male gender (In conflict - and peace situations)
2) Legal research with possibility of field work
3) Capacity building of prosecutors, lawyers and judges in Africa
4) Women empowerment
5) Promotion of peace