How best can people know their rights or claim same except through awareness, education and training. How best can people learn to maintain peace? How best can justice be promoted and applied? To an ...
PROJECT MANAGER (VOLUNTEER)
Centre For African Justice, Peace and Human Rights
GENERAL INFORMATION AND VOLUNTEER DETAILS
12 months (with extension possibilities)
Part Time (20h/week - flexible)
English (knowledge of Dutch will be considered an advantage)
The Centre for African Justice, Peace and Human Rights (CAJPHR) is a Foundation which promotes the development and addresses matters pertaining justice, peace and human rights. Through training, awareness campaigns and events, people in Africa and around the world are provided with the necessary support and capacity to protect victims of human rights abuses and to promote peace, justice and human rights in their communities. The Foundation is located in The Hague and seeks to develop various events and activities this year which will be taking place in the Netherlands and abroad.
We are looking for a Project Manager to manage the CAJPHR’s Capacity Building team to develop its projects, guide team members and make sure that the team’s overall work is conducted.
As Project Manager, you are expected to plan, coordinate and implement projects and develop strategies for conducing the team’s work. In addition, you must have legal knowledge and able to research, draft and edit texts, articles and reports related to Legal Capacity Building in Africa.
Capacity Building Team’s manager is expected to contribute with the general work of the CAJPHR in developing policies, writing funding proposals, and creating awareness about the work developed. In addition, the Project Manager should be active in sharing the CAJPHR’s work, and arranging and participating in meetings and events.
● Research, draft, analyze and edit legal texts, statutes, articles and reports related to legal capacity building in African countries
● Plan, coordinate and implement team’s initiatives
● Be responsible for leading the team.
● Manage External Stakeholders
● Design and coordinate specific program activities
● Create, maintain, organize various documents, on various digital platforms
● Collect, comply and analyze information relevant to the Capacity Building Team
● Be capable to write and review legal documents.
● Build trust with donors, partners and apply optimal networking services.
● Develop, supervise and coordinate funding proposal and relationships with funders.
Required skills and competencies:
● Excellent oral and written communication skills
● Have International Criminal Law or similar background
● Proven legal research skills
● Experience with management positions
● Ability to work well with others and meet deadlines
● Ability to prioritize tasks, work calmly under pressure and to work independently
● Excellent organizational skills with the ability to coordinate activities
Information about the Capacity Building team
Capacity Building is a process employed in most of the CAJPHR‘s initiatives, which aims to equip actors across Africa with the necessary resources to create sustainable solutions against criminal impunity for just & fair African societies. The Capacity Building team forms an atmosphere built on the principles of Justice, Accountability, Neutrality, Rule of Law and respect for Human Rights.
The team’s vision is to help create a conflict-free Africa enforcing equal rights and freedom for one & all. And, the team’s mission is to enable and empower criminal justice actors/stakeholders across Africa to investigate and prosecute violations of International Criminal & Humanitarian Law within the domestic jurisdictions.
1) Prosecuting sexual violence perpetrated against the male gender (In conflict - and peace situations)
2) Legal research with possibility of field work
3) Capacity building of prosecutors, lawyers and judges in Africa
4) Women empowerment
5) Promotion of peace