How best can people know their rights or claim same except through awareness, education and training. How best can people learn to maintain peace? How best can justice be promoted and applied? To an ...
Social Media Officer
Scan me or visit www.volunteerthehague.nl/o/Centre-for-African-Justice-Peace-and-Human-Rights/opportunities/Social-Media-Officer/41490 to join
SummaryProvide support to our Social Media team to enhance the visibility of our work and the promotion of Justice, Peace and Human Rights
SOCIAL MEDIA OFFICER (VOLUNTEER) at Centre For African Justice, Peace and Human Rights
GENERAL INFORMATION AND VOLUNTEER DETAILS
6 months (with extension possibilities)
Part Time (15-20h/week - flexible)
English (knowledge of Dutch will be considered an advantage)
The Centre for African Justice, Peace and Human Rights (CAJPHR) is a Foundation which promotes the development and addresses matters pertaining justice, peace and human rights. Through training, awareness campaigns and events, people in Africa and around the world are provided with the necessary support and capacity to protect victims of human rights abuses and to promote peace, justice and human rights in their communities. The Foundation is located in The Hague and seeks to develop various events and activities this year which will be taking place in the Netherlands and abroad.
We are looking for a Social Media Officer to provide support to the CAJPHR’s Social Media Team. As a social media officer, you are mainly expected (but not limited) to create, design, revise and publish content to our Social Media platforms.
• Design publications (magazines, posters, posts).
• Rephrase technical language to appeal to a wider audience
• Create digital expressions to support marketing campaigns (images, social content, etc.)
• Ensure that the social media team is well synchronized and up to date with the work of the Centre.
• Develop ideas for the strategic and sustainable growth of the social media visibility of the Centre.
• Assist in managing our social media accounts
• Increase awareness and internet traffic to our social media accounts • Illustrate the international development and the issues facing Africa
• Create, maintain, organize various documents on digital platforms Required skills and competencies:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Interested in promoting Peace, Justice and Human Rights
• Knowledge on how to use the Canva platform
• Ability to work well with others and meet deadlines
• Ability to prioritize tasks, work calmly under pressure and to work independently
• Highly motivated and eager to put graphic design and marketing skills to use
• Is familiar with Adobe software Photoshop / Illustrator (is a plus)
• Has affinity with Online Marketing
How to apply:
Interested candidates can submit the CV and a Cover Letter explaining their interest and related previous experience and to: [email protected]
Applications will be accepted and treated on a rolling basis; Applicants are therefore, advised to apply at their earliest convenience.
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.
Information about the Social Media team:
This multidisciplinary team supports all of the Centre for African Justice, Peace and Human Rights’ (CAJPHR) activities and works directly on the goal of creating awareness about the African situation and challenges shared by African states through our digital
platforms. The team is engaged in creating virtual designs, promoting events, publishing magazines, structuring quotes for international celebrations, posting social media content, recording/editing videos, and managing the Foundation’s website and the Database’s website. The Social Media Team’s efforts contribute to the improvement of the Centre’s engagement with the society, increases our visibility to third parties, and encourages partners to join our work.
About Centre for African Justice, Peace and Human Rights
1) Prosecuting sexual violence perpetrated against the male gender (In conflict - and peace situations)
2) Legal research with possibility of field work
3) Capacity building of prosecutors, lawyers and judges in Africa
4) Women empowerment
5) Promotion of peace