Delft MaMa is a non-profit organization promoting the well-being and integration of international mothers-to-be and mothers of young children (0-12 years old) in and around ...
Blog Proofreader for Delft MaMa
Scan me or visit www.volunteerthehague.nl/o/Delft-Maternity-And-Motherhood-Assistance-Delft-MaMa/opportunities/Blog-Proofreader-for-Delft-MaMa/38578 to join
SummaryAs a blog proofreader you must be proficient in basic and advanced grammar rules and understand how they are used within Delft Mama style guides.
As a blog proofreader you must be proficient in basic and advanced grammar rules and understand how they are used within Delft Mama style guides. Our ideal candidate is meticulous in reviewing copy, noting errors such as punctuation, spelling, and word usage, and knows how to check statements for accuracy or potential plagiarism. You must communicate effectively with the writers and other staff to ensure documents meet all DMM guidelines.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Review DMM blog documents for grammar, spelling, and style
• Fact-check dates and other statements for accuracy
• Confirm all submitted writing is original
• Ensure text meets tone and character count outlined by Delft Mama policies
• Make corrections and suggest edits to the document
• Meet proofreading deadlines
• Possession of cultural awareness and sensitivity
• Knowledge and understanding of both international motherhood and non-profit marketing & communications trends
• Capacity to collaborate within the Delft MaMa Communication department
• Previous experience working in teams remotely based
• Proficiency in basic computer programs as Microsoft Office
About Delft Maternity And Motherhood Assistance (Delft MaMa)
Delft MaMa is a non-profit organization promoting the well-being and integration of international mothers-to-be and mothers of young children (0-12 years old) in and around Delft, The Netherlands.
Delft MaMa is an organization for international families in Delft and the surrounding areas that has coordinated over a decade worth of events, workshops, playgroups, and meet-ups in Delft. Founded in 2007, Delft MaMa reaches thousands and offers information, support, community and events through a strong and constantly evolving network of kind, devoted and active members who are working toward inclusion and want to make Delft their own and their families’ new home.
There is huge opportunity for this organization to grow, and we are seeking passionate and energetic people to join our team and grow with us.
We organize weekly meetups for parents and babies as well as monthly and seasonal activities and programs in the Delft region to build community for internationals in Delft. Further, Delft MaMa's signature Soft Landing in Delft (SLiDe) Program supports international families as they adapt to life in Delft through a free, six-to-eight week mentoring program with experienced Delftenaaren.