Delft MaMa is a non-profit organization promoting the well-being and integration of international mothers-to-be and mothers of young children (0-12 years old) in and around ...
Scan me or visit www.volunteerthehague.nl/o/Delft-Maternity-And-Motherhood-Assistance-Delft-MaMa/opportunities/Chairperson/38560 to join
SummaryWork closely with the members of the Board and volunteers to implement your strategic vision for Delft MaMa
We are looking for someone who can coordinate Delft MaMa.
This means bringing together volunteers to organize all of Delft MaMa’s events and activities as a team. You will be the face of Delft MaMa and will motivate its volunteers. You will network with the local community and other relevant organizations to expand the organization’s reach. You will also need to ensure the organization’s financial situation remains stable. Alongside volunteers and the Board, you will help shape Delft MaMa’s strategic priorities and ensure that the organization continues its work for the community.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the members of the Board and volunteers to implement your strategic vision for Delft MaMa
- Develop a detailed plan for the organization in the coming year and metrics to monitor and track progress
- Host (quarterly) meetings with the Board and volunteers
- Successfully manage relationships with other organizations, relevant local bodies, and sponsors.
- Oversee fundraising efforts and support the financial wellness of the organization
- Alongside the Secretary, maintain relevant records for the association
- Alongside the Communications and Outreach coordinators, contribute to relevant outreach activities to raise the profile of Delft MaMa
- You are energetic, a creative thinker and ready for a leadership challenge.
- Your enthusiasm is infectious, and you empower the volunteers within the organization.
- You are keen to contribute positively to the community via a volunteer leadership position and committed to pursuing the best interests of the organization.
- You think strategically and can move the organization forward with a longer-time perspective in mind.
- You are respectful and possess cultural awareness and sensitivity. - - You are moreover compassionate, enthusiastic, proactive and pragmatic, and capable of problem solving with diplomacy.
- You have good interpersonal and organisational skills/planning skills along with great communication skills.
- You have experience with leadership positions, project management, non-profits etc - relevant experiences will be considered an asset.
About Delft Maternity And Motherhood Assistance (Delft MaMa)
Delft MaMa is a non-profit organization promoting the well-being and integration of international mothers-to-be and mothers of young children (0-12 years old) in and around Delft, The Netherlands.
Delft MaMa is an organization for international families in Delft and the surrounding areas that has coordinated over a decade worth of events, workshops, playgroups, and meet-ups in Delft. Founded in 2007, Delft MaMa reaches thousands and offers information, support, community and events through a strong and constantly evolving network of kind, devoted and active members who are working toward inclusion and want to make Delft their own and their families’ new home.
There is huge opportunity for this organization to grow, and we are seeking passionate and energetic people to join our team and grow with us.
We organize weekly meetups for parents and babies as well as monthly and seasonal activities and programs in the Delft region to build community for internationals in Delft. Further, Delft MaMa's signature Soft Landing in Delft (SLiDe) Program supports international families as they adapt to life in Delft through a free, six-to-eight week mentoring program with experienced Delftenaaren.
Playgroup CoördinatorJoin our Playgroup Team as a Playgroup Assistant or Coordinator and handle all logistics for two weekly playgroups for international families.Posted by Delft Maternity And Motherhood Assistance (Delft MaMa)
WebmasterYou will be responsible for making sites easy to use, attractive and secure. In this role, you should be detailed-oriented and an excellent communicator.Posted by Delft Maternity And Motherhood Assistance (Delft MaMa)
Are you good at writing concept notes for projects?Develop fundraising programs
Monitor progress of fundraising activities
Identify and build relationships with potential donors.Posted by Stichting Ojodu Grassroots Alternatives Foundation