The Animal Protection is a non-profit organization. With the efforts of 350 employees and about 200,000 members, donors and volunteers, we stand up for the interests of animals in the Netherlands ...
District Head of Collection
Scan me or visit www.volunteerthehague.nl/o/Dierenbeschermingcollecte/opportunities/Wijkhoofd-Collecte/41995 to join
District Heads Collecte
The Animal Protection is a non-profit organization. With the efforts of 350 employees and about 200,000 members, donors and volunteers, we stand up for the interests of animals in the Netherlands. Thanks in part to the proceeds of the collection, the Animal Protection can continue to work tirelessly for an animal-friendly society, in which the welfare of animals is just as self-evident as that of people. We do this, among other things, with high-quality animal aid, information, education and influencing policy. Our aim is to prevent animal suffering, so that rescue is needed less often. But if animals do end up in distress, we are there to rescue and take care of them. The Animal Protection is not a government institution. We can only do our work thanks to the gifts and contribution of members and donors, and the (online) collection.
The Animal Protection is looking for:
District Heads Collecte
Every year, the Dutch Society for the Protection of Animals organizes a collection in the week surrounding World Animal Day on 4 October. For this we are looking for a district head in every neighborhood in the Netherlands. A collecting district is a part of a larger city, but can also consist of one or more small villages. The proceeds of the collection will be spent on the work of the Animal Protection and will benefit animals - also in your region.
Purpose of the position
As a district head you are an indispensable link between the Animal Protection and its collectors. For the collectors in your neighborhood you are the face of the Animal Protection. As a district manager you don't have to collect yourself, but of course you are allowed to – even if you like!
What are you going to do?
* Organize the collection in your own neighborhood according to the instructions. Depending on the number of collectors, this costs about 2 to 3 half-days per year (approximately 20 hours per year).
* Managing the collectors in your own collecting district, ie calling / messaging the current collectors and distributing the streets to be walked
* Optional: Help with recruiting new collectors
* First point of contact for the collectors of your neighborhood
* Ordering the collection materials and distributing it among your collectors
* Handing out and taking collection boxes to your collectors
* Maintain the administration of collectors and collection boxes in your neighborhood
* Counting the contents of the collection box together with the collector
* Deposit collection money at a bank branch
Who are you?
* You support the objectives and principles of the Animal Protection and our core values: reliable, committed and decisive.
* You have good communication and social skills and you enjoy dealing with people, motivating and enthusing them (to perhaps collect another street or evening…).
* You like organizing and planning and have no trouble calling people you don't know (yet).
* You would like to do volunteer work that does not take much time, but adds something essential!
* In the period before, during and after the collection week (i.e. in September and early October) you have time to perform your tasks as district head.
*Enthusiastic, reliable and online proficient
What do we offer?
* Volunteering that matters and takes little time
* Independent and responsible task
* Nice contact with other district heads
* Interesting and challenging work
* Interesting webinars
* Opportunity to contribute to better animal welfare in the Netherlands
What makes the work worth it
You will be responsible for organizing the collection in your own neighbourhood, which is quite a challenge. Not a lot of work, but important! You ensure that all collectors have a collection box on time, know when the collection week is and know which streets they can collect. If every participant in the collection organization knows in time what to do, we can all raise a lot of money for animals in need. Help too!
You work from home and can organize your own time. This will sometimes also have to be done in the evenings and at weekends, because collectors are best accessible then.
More information or register directly? For more information you can send an email to [email protected] stating 'district head of the collection'. Or you can contact the Dierenbescherming via telephone number 088 811 30 00. Do you want to register immediately? This can be done very easily via our registration page .