The Expatriate Archive Centre (EAC) is an independent, non-profit foundation based in The Hague. It collects and preserves the life stories of expatriates worldwide for research.
The team is ...
Scan me or visit www.volunteerthehague.nl/o/Expatriate-Archive-Centre/opportunities/Library-Volunteer/46767 to join
SummaryThe Expatriate Archive Centre is looking for a rockstar Library Volunteer to assist with our on-site library's ongoing development and cataloguing.
The Expatriate Archive Centre collects and preserves original source material documenting the social history of expatriate life for academic researchers. We are based in The Hague and have a small, dedicated staff. We are supported by an enthusiastic team of volunteers of different backgrounds, nationalities, and ages.
Our small but growing library contains print, audio-visual, and electronic resources with the primary focus of providing volunteers and researchers on-site access to complementary material about the various aspects of expatriate life.
Tasks and responsibilities:
• Minimum of 1 day per week (6 hours) a week;
• Further develop and maintain cataloguing and shelving procedures for a small library;
• Perform cataloguing and classification of print, audio-visual and electronic resources;
• Further develop and maintain an accurate inventory of resources;
• Enter cataloguing data into the library’s cataloguing system;
• Process resources for placement on shelf;
• Ensure efficient retrieval by users.
• Knowledge of the organisation and structure of a small library;
• Good command of spoken and written English;
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
• A proactive and enthusiastic attitude;
• Be able to volunteer a minimum of one day per week for at least six months;
• Experience with library software and online bibliographic utilities is a must.
• Training on the job;
• A professional work environment;
• An opportunity to enhance your computer, archiving, and management skills.
All volunteers need to have a valid working permit for the European Union, whether working at the EAC office or remotely.
If you are interested in this volunteering opportunity, please send us your CV and a brief motivational letter to [email protected].
For more information about the Expatriate Archive Centre, visit www.xpatarchive.com.
About Expatriate Archive Centre
The team is supported by an enthusiastic team of volunteers and interns of different backgrounds, nationalities, and ages.
The EAC prides itself on offering a welcoming environment. It runs a range of programmes designed to help volunteers to develop their skills and competencies.