IDUM - is a dedicated organization committed to the safe management and mitigation of underwater munitions. Our mission is to protect marine ecosystems and ensure the safety of coastal communities by ...
GIS/Spatial Analyst Specialist
Scan me or visit www.volunteerthehague.nl/o/IDUM/opportunities/GISSpatial-Analyst-Specialist/71861 to join
SummaryIDUM is seeking a skilled and passionate GIS/Spatial Analyst Specialist to join our team.
The GIS/Spatial Analyst Specialist will play a key role in our efforts to create maps of known underwater munition sites, aiding in data visualization and analysis that is crucial for our mission.
- Geographic Data Management:
- Collect, process, and manage geographic data related to underwater munition sites, including historical records, sonar data, and other relevant sources.
- Ensure data accuracy, consistency, and adherence to industry standards in Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- Mapping and Visualization:
- Utilize GIS software and tools to create maps and spatial representations of underwater munition sites.
- Generate visually informative global and regional maps that convey the location, extent, classes and characteristics of known munition sites and munitions wrecks.
- Collect technical information on underwater munitions sites and munitions wrecks
- Generate public and government awareness materials
- Data Analysis:
- Conduct spatial analysis to identify patterns, trends, and potential hazards associated with underwater munition sites.
- Collaborate with experts to extract insights from the spatial data, contributing to research and risk assessment efforts.
- Communication and Reporting:
- Prepare reports, presentations, and visual materials to effectively communicate findings to internal teams, stakeholders, and the public.
- Collaborate with the communications team to ensure clear and accessible dissemination of information.
- GIS Technology Advancement:
- Stay updated on the latest GIS and spatial analysis technologies and methodologies.
- Identify opportunities to enhance data collection, mapping, and analysis processes.
- Bachelor's or higher degree in GIS, geospatial science, geography, environmental science, or a related field.
- Strong proficiency in GIS software and tools (e.g., ArcGIS, QGIS) and spatial data analysis techniques.
- Familiarity with databases and data management techniques specific to GIS.
- Experience in working with marine or environmental data is a plus.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to convey complex spatial information to diverse audiences.
- Commitment to environmental conservation and safety.
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs🤝 Extra support
About IDUM International Dialogues on Underwater Munitions
Our mission is to promote the creation of an Internationally Binding Treaty on all classes (biological, chemical, conventional, and radiological) of underwater munitions, to lead to the cleanup of our seas and oceans worldwide.
- Creation of a Global Treaty on all underwater weapons.
- Development of a Global Database of underwater weapons sites.
- Being a repository of information for underwater weapons.
- Eradication of the "Point-Source Emitters of Pollution" from our seas and oceans.