IDUM - is a dedicated organization committed to the safe management and mitigation of underwater munitions. Our mission is to protect marine ecosystems and ensure the safety of coastal communities by ...
IDUM Office Manager
Scan me or visit www.volunteerthehague.nl/o/IDUM/opportunities/IDUM-Office-Manager/71858 to join
SummaryIDUM is seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated Office Manager to help us establish and maintain efficient office operations.
The Office Manager will be a volunteer initially, with the potential for paid compensation once funding opportunities are secured. The primary responsibility of this role will be to manage volunteers and to seek funding opportunities (projects etc.) from various UN and governmental organizations’ and funding streams, as applicable, to support our organization's vital work.
- Office Administration:
- Establish and maintain organized office procedures and systems, ensuring a smooth and efficient work environment.
- Manage office resources, including supplies, equipment, and facilities.
- Assist in setting up and maintaining central office space (if required).
- Funding Opportunity Research:
- Identify and research potential funding opportunities from various sources, with a focus on UN agencies and International governmental programs.
- Monitor grant databases, websites, and newsletters to stay updated on funding announcements and opportunities relevant to our mission.
- Proposal Development:
- Work closely with the executive team, program managers and proposal writers to develop grant proposals and funding applications.
- Ensure all application requirements are met, including deadlines, documentation, and submission processes.
- Communication and Networking:
- Establish and maintain communication with funding agencies, government departments, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Attend networking events, workshops, and meetings to build relationships and identify potential funding prospects.
- Reporting and Documentation:
- Maintain records of all grant applications, responses, and communication with funders.
- Prepare regular reports on the progress of funding opportunities and grant applications.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in business administration, nonprofit management, or a related field.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Excellent research and analytical abilities, with attention to detail.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with UN agencies, governmental grant programs, and nonprofit fundraising processes is a plus.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Commitment to the mission and goals of IDUM .
While this position is initially a volunteer role, the successful Office Manager will have the potential to transition to a paid position once funding opportunities are secured. This is a unique opportunity to contribute to our organization's growth and to make a meaningful impact in the field of underwater munitions management.
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs🤝 Extra support
About IDUM International Dialogues on Underwater Munitions
Our mission is to promote the creation of an Internationally Binding Treaty on all classes (biological, chemical, conventional, and radiological) of underwater munitions, to lead to the cleanup of our seas and oceans worldwide.
- Creation of a Global Treaty on all underwater weapons.
- Development of a Global Database of underwater weapons sites.
- Being a repository of information for underwater weapons.
- Eradication of the "Point-Source Emitters of Pollution" from our seas and oceans.