IDUM - is a dedicated organization committed to the safe management and mitigation of underwater munitions. Our mission is to protect marine ecosystems and ensure the safety of coastal communities by ...
Technical Proposal Writer
Scan me or visit www.volunteerthehague.nl/o/IDUM/opportunities/Technical-Proposal-Writer/71859 to join
SummaryIDUM is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Technical Proposal Writer to join and led our team.
- Proposal Development:
- Collaborate with internal teams to gather information and understand project requirements for underwater munitions management.
- Prepare, write, and edit technical proposals and project documentation that align with the objectives and expectations of potential clients.
- Ensure that proposals are compliant with request for proposals (RFP) guidelines and address all technical aspects of the projects.
- Research and Analysis:
- Conduct in-depth research to understand project needs, industry standards, and the latest advancements in underwater munitions management.
- Analyze technical data, reports, and project specifications to provide accurate and compelling information in proposals.
- Proposal Content Creation:
- Create clear, well-structured, and persuasive content that outlines project objectives, methodologies, timelines, budgets, and deliverables.
- Tailor proposals to different clients and projects, highlighting relevant expertise and approaches.
- Quality Assurance:
- Ensure accuracy, consistency, and quality of proposal content.
- Proofread and edit proposals for grammar, style, and compliance with proposal requirements.
- Coordination and Collaboration:
- Work closely with IDUM teams to develop proposal strategies and understand client needs.
- Coordinate with subject matter experts, scientists, and technical teams to gather information and insights for proposal development.
- Document Management:
- Maintain a comprehensive repository of proposal templates, boilerplate text, and other proposal-related materials for future reference.
- Identify potential funders, sponsors, institutes, and potential partners to address the policy, science, technology and responses to all classes of underwater munitions, including munitions wrecks.
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field (e.g., technical writing, engineering, environmental science, or a related discipline).
- Proven experience in technical proposal writing for contracts and grants, especially in the field of environmental science or munitions management.
- Strong research, analytical, and technical writing skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and a commitment to delivering high-quality proposals.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other proposal development and project management software.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to bring together IDUM team for proposal writing and team building
- Knowledge of underwater munitions management is highly desirable.
This volunteer position is a key position considered a management volunteer position that has the potential to transition into a paid role as projects and programs are implemented. Join us in our journey to protect marine ecosystems and ensure the safety of coastal communities.
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs🤝 Extra support
About IDUM International Dialogues on Underwater Munitions
Our mission is to promote the creation of an Internationally Binding Treaty on all classes (biological, chemical, conventional, and radiological) of underwater munitions, to lead to the cleanup of our seas and oceans worldwide.
- Creation of a Global Treaty on all underwater weapons.
- Development of a Global Database of underwater weapons sites.
- Being a repository of information for underwater weapons.
- Eradication of the "Point-Source Emitters of Pollution" from our seas and oceans.