She Matters is a registered foundation (stichting) incorporated in the Netherlands, working to inspire and equip refugee and migrant women and girls to develop their potential skills, knowledge and ...
She Matters - Communications Volunteer/Internship for fast growing start-up
Scan me or visit www.volunteerthehague.nl/o/She-Matters/opportunities/She-Matters---Communications-VolunteerInternship-for-fast-growing-start-up/38720 to join
SummaryShe Matters offers the opportunity to work with people and organisations from various countries & to challenge him/herself within a vibrant and growing startup.
The Communication Volunteer/Intern will focus on producing and editing quality content for a range of She Matters communications, including the website, social media presence and newsletter. Knowledge and experience in social media is required. The Communications Volunteer/Intern will also provide PR and communications support for relevant upcoming events, conferences and/or seminars. She Matters offers the opportunity to work with people and organisations from various countries, and to challenge him/herself within the context of a vibrant and growing startup.
The responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
• Assist in producing and editing up-to-date content for the website, social media and newsletter;
• Plan and execute communications and digital media strategies;
• Contribute to the enhancement of the website - updating content, SEO, AdWords etc.;
• Provide communications/PR support for relevant upcoming events, conferences, seminars;
• Create and execute communication strategies;
• Assist with designing promotional materials;
• Assist with promotional video production.
Requirements and Skills
• Bachelor or Master’s degree, preferably in Communications, Journalism or a field relevant to She Matters’ work;
• Excellent English language skills;
• Basic Dutch language skills;
• Supervision skills;
• Proven editing and writing skills;
• Journalistic skills: not afraid of picking up the phone and giving someone a call;
• Social media knowledge and experience are essential;
• Familiarity with Google Drive/Docs/Analytics/SEO/Adwords etc.;
• Experienced with WordPress and MailChimp;
• Experience with graphic design and video production preferred (Adobe Creative Suite);
• Good communication and social skills and the ability to work in a multicultural setting;
• Proven organisational skills and the ability to work independently.
What do you get in return
• International and dynamic working experience in fast growing startup;
• Opportunity to take initiative and realise your ideas and plans;
• Networking opportunities;