The StadsOase Spinozahof is a green oasis in the middle of the busy, petrified city center of The Hague. With more than 200 friends and 20 nationalities, a former vacant building plot has been ...
Wanted hosts / hostess in combination with maintanance tasks
Scan me or visit www.volunteerthehague.nl/o/Stadsoase-Spinozahof/opportunities/Wanted-hosts--hostess-in-combination-with-maintanance-tasks/47392 to join
SummaryDo you like to combine a host/hostess role with administrator tasks in the StadsOase Spinozahof, together with others? Then we are looking for you!
Vacancy: Hostess lord / administrator
StadsOase Spinozahof is looking for several volunteers who would like to fulfill the combined role of host/hostess & manager. You are the face of the StadsOase during opening hours, you are the point of contact for visitors, gardeners and other involved parties, you keep the facilities in order and you perform manual and auxiliary services during preparations for events and during the events themselves. You are also able to perform light maintenance, cleaning and repair work on the building and inventory.
Skills that come in handy are: social, communicative, proactive, flexible, solution-oriented, two right hands and above all a positive attitude towards the StadsOase Spinozahof and its objectives.
If you like being outdoors, being green and are passionate about promoting sustainable behaviour, then you might be the one we are looking for.
- Opening and closing of the StadsOase / Orangerie / kitchen / Neighborhood barn. Receiving guests, providing guided tours, if necessary issuing materials and tools from the Buurtschuur.
- Providing tea & coffee, a tidy kitchen and Orangerie, keeping up with the other facilities and grounds.
- Providing manual and auxiliary services (including shopping) in preparation for events or for the use of the spaces by third parties.
- Being a point of contact for users and visitors, you are the one with time for a chat.
- Working hours in consultation, idea is: Wednesday morning, Saturday afternoon, Sunday afternoon, etc. in consultation with colleagues and members of the core team.
What do we ask:
- MBO 4 level
- Availability of at least 6 hours a week, preferably on fixed days at least 2x 3 hours.
- Involvement, independence, collaboration, flexibility and a heart for people and green
- Your Dutch speaking skills do not have to be perfect, knowledge of English is an advantage, other languages are welcome.
What do we offer:
- You will work in a dynamic environment with a nice small multicultural team.
- Membership of the StadsOase, this means, among other things, independent access to the StadsOase.
- Participation in various activities at the StadsOase, including our Spinoza dinners on Saturday evening (for changes in the programming, see the website).
- Participation in work/project groups of your choice, if you like and have time for it.
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs
About StadsOase Spinozahof
In 2013, the wasteland, which was mainly used as a garbage dump, challenged the city pioneers from the Stationsbuurt, the Old Center and the Schilderswijk neighborhoods to create a community garden. This beautiful place now consists of 31 small individual gardens, a large communal garden, a medicinal herb garden, a community shed, a compost bakery, an orangery, a kitchen, a large outdoor gazebo and various corners and seats to enjoy the greenery.
The pioneers of the StadsOase Spinozahof are convinced that when we, people, are proud of ourselves, we will also invest in our environment. Or vice versa: if we live in an environment where we are valued, we will also give this back to that environment. The Spinozahof wants to continue to be an environment in which everyone counts and where everyone has a role that is important to the whole. By using the neighborhood garden as a meeting place, we as a community ensure more social inclusion, a better image of the neighborhood and a greener sustainable environment.