The foundation Lovefrequencies aims to investigate the unlimited potential of human beings and disseminate research results, in order to contribute to the evolution of mankind and to perform any acts ...
Scan me or visit www.volunteerthehague.nl/o/Stichting-Lovefrequencies/opportunities/Grant-Officer/38743 to join
SummaryAs our grant officer, you will search and apply for available grants (from public institutions and private organisations).
Who we are:
Stichting Lovefrequencies is a non-profit organisation which operates worldwide and is based in The Hague. It aims to investigate the unlimited potential of human beings and disseminate research results, in order to contribute to the evolution of mankind and to perform any acts relating, or potentially conducive, to the foregoing. We are passionately committed to achieve these goals by exploring the unlimited by frontier research, disseminating knowledge, creating awareness, engaging and facilitating empowerment. We organise various events (workshops, experiential weeks, seminars and talks, conferences, and exhibitions) in several locations and online.
Our foundation is flourishing and needs you, with your uniqueness, to realise more and more events and projects for people and with people.
As our grant officer, you will search and apply for available grants (from public institutions and private organisations) that match our foundation’s aims, projects, and features. You will also work across all program areas, including collaborating with project management, finance, and IT teams, to ensure effective and efficient grantmaking processes.
You’ll be available for 10-16 hours a week.
• Apply our foundation’s funding strategies.
• Propose, develop and update the foundation’s fundraising policy, as required.
• Maintain a working knowledge of the foundation’s programs and priority funding areas, and remain abreast of current research, activities and trends in the grant sector.
• Contribute to the development of short and long-range fundraising planning of the foundation.
• Maintain regular communication with other foundation professionals through Peak Grantmaking, Grantmakers for Effective Organizations, Council on Foundations, and/or other such networks in the philanthropic space.
• Develop, implement, monitor, and evaluate fundraising programs, opportunities and activities.
• Monitor grants for legal, financial, and program compliance including, but not limited to, ensuring that grant requirements are correctly documented in the grant files and database.
• Monitor and document the grantmaking workflow processes, forms, templates, reports and data to assure full compliance with internal controls and legal requirements.
• Write grants and applications on behalf of our organisation.
• Generate reports and data analysis for the Program and Finance team or Board.
• Prepare presentations to communicate grant program data.
• Problem-solve complex grant scenarios; consult/liaise with finance and/or legal counsel.
• Work with the Finance team to generate reporting required for compliance and financial statement audits.
• Partner with Program and Finance teams to ensure accurate and adequate paper and electronic document retention.
• Manage and develop a mixed portfolio of funders to best practice standards, ensuring reporting deadlines are met, terms and conditions for grants are satisfied, grant income is collected efficiently when due; granter retention remains an ongoing priority.
• Create and update database of grant contacts.
• Bachelor's degree is required. Master’s degree in non-profit management or related field preferred.
• Experience as a grant officer or a similar role, specialised in non-profit organisations a plus.
• Experience of a wide range of fundraising activities (including public fundraising) and proven success of substantial income generation.
• Good knowledge of the principles of fundraising from trusts, foundations and European Union institutions as well as experience in soliciting funds from these sources.
• Experience in preparing multiple funding application forms and writing detailed and compelling proposals; experience with the European Union funding system a plus.
• Financial or business analysis skills.
• Knowledge of data collection and management.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (MS Excel and MS Word, specifically); knowledge of project management software as a plus.
• Proficient in English (both in speaking and writing); Dutch would be a plus.
• Excellent communication, organisational and project management skills.
• A highly-tuned detail orientation, strategic thinking and a process and system mindset.
• An innate ability to prioritise and synthesise information in an analytical and systematic manner.
• Instinctual information sharer and network builder.
• Strong team player, used to collaborate with professionals from other fields and visions, but also to work independently.
• Lifelong learner, focused on innovation and knowledge exchange.
• Creative, proactive, pragmatic, reliable and flexible.
About Stichting Lovefrequencies
We are passionately committed to achieve our goals by exploring the unlimited by frontier research, disseminating knowledge, creating awareness, engaging and facilitating empowerment.
Wanted hosts / hostess in combination with maintanance tasksDo you like to combine a host/hostess role with administrator tasks in the StadsOase Spinozahof, together with others? Then we are looking for you!Posted by StadsOase Spinozahof
Are you good at writing concept notes for projects?Develop fundraising programs
Monitor progress of fundraising activities
Identify and build relationships with potential donors.Posted by Stichting Ojodu Grassroots Alternatives Foundation