Melania sees a crucial role for women in global development processes. Training and investing in women has a positive effect on poverty reduction and economic growth; if you invest in a woman, you ...
Melania Foundation is looking for a Project Manager Asia!
Scan me or visit www.volunteerthehague.nl/o/Stichting-Melania/opportunities/Melania-Foundation-is-looking-for-a-Project-Manager-Asia/56376 to join
SummaryDo you want to work for female entrepreneurs in Asia and do you bring a local network with you in the region, then we look forward to hearing from you!
The Melania Foundation is looking for a project manager to strengthen the Asia project committee. Do you want to support female entrepreneurs in Asia? Do you want to be part of a volunteer organization, in full growth and development and do you possibly bring a local network with you in the region, we look forward to hearing from you!
The Melania Development Cooperation Foundation supports groups of women in Africa, Asia and Latin America with start-up capital to build their own business and to acquire a stronger position in society. The foundation consists of volunteers and is based on the strength and initiative of women. Employees use their profession, experience and time to seek connections and draw attention to the position of women worldwide. Melania's 35 volunteers work together as professionals in three regional project committees, fundraising and communication committees and the board.
Melania consists of a great diversity of backgrounds and ages. All this is what makes Melania so special. Most are women, but there are also some men. Our drive is to support own initiatives of strong women in developing countries.
About project committees
Melania's project committees consist of a project coordinator and 3-6 project managers. You jointly share the responsibility for finding, assessing, evaluating and monitoring project applications.
What are you going to do specifically?
You are responsible for the adequate handling of the projects in your portfolio from the continent of Asia. This means that you:
▪ From application to final evaluation, maintain contact with and be the point of contact for the counterpart in Asia
▪ Ask additional questions when assessing projects to give each project a chance of success if they meet Melania criteria
▪ After approval checks whether the finances are coming in properly
▪ Monitor the implementation of the projects
▪ Guarantees to obtain good narrative and financial interim and own reports from the field
▪ Ensures good administration of the projects in SharePoint
▪ Regularly coordinate with the coordinator
▪ Takes responsibility that communication about projects gets to the right person in fundraising and communication
▪ Partly takes care of your input for social media (website, social media, annual report, newsletters)
▪ Participate in committee meetings and central meetings
▪ Are involved in Melania as an organization and actively participate in the development of Melania. A time investment of 5-8 hours per week
What do we expect from you?
● A substantiated personal motivation for why you would like to work for Melania?
● A critical and empathetic attitude with a heart for Melania's mission
● Knowledge and experience in international/development cooperation and gender equality and project assessment.
● Good communication skills in Dutch, English and possibly a local language in Asia
● A flexible attitude and team spirit
● Initiative and independent task responsibility
● A commitment for at least 1 year, preferably longer
● Available time of approximately 5-8 hours per week, largely flexible, but also in alignment with task-related (international) matters
● Ideally your own network with local contacts in Asia
● Enthusiasm to also inspire and mobilize your own network in the Netherlands for Melania We offer you
● A responsible role within a versatile organization
● An inspiring international field of work
● Opportunity to make a difference to women in developing countries
● The chance to (further) develop your talents
● A network of passionate people with the same interests
● A travel and expense allowance
Then register - with a short motivation - via this site or send your CV and motivation to Sita van Groesen / HR director by email: [email protected] no later than September 30, 2022.
For more substantive information, please contact Lioba van Dam, [email protected] , coordinator of the Asia project committee.
About Stichting Melania
Melania is committed to gender equality and to improving the economic position of (underprivileged) women in Asia, Africa and Latin America, so that they can build an independent life. We do this by financing small-scale income-generating projects, from a transparent and effective organization with committed and expert employees. Here in the Netherlands we are building a community of socially involved women who donate money to realize the projects.
Help us build The Hague without transphobia, homophobia and racism!Then join the CCV team to provide care to the queer community with a wide range of tasks so that everyone in THO-070 feels safe and heard.Posted by The Hang-Out 070
Buddy project 2GO: Buddy for victims of domestic violence and/or human traffickiBecome a volunteer at Maatjesproject 2GO!
Buddy project for victims of human trafficking and domestic violence.
Posted by 2GO