Melania sees a crucial role for women in global development processes. Training and investing in women has a positive effect on poverty reduction and economic growth; if you invest in a woman, you ...
Project manager for our Asia committee
Scan me or visit www.volunteerthehague.nl/o/Stichting-Melania/opportunities/Project-manager-for-our-Asia-committee/47014 to join
SummaryDo you want to volunteer for local female entrepreneurs, just like us? And do you have a network in Asia? Then read on!
Melania Development Cooperation Foundation is looking for:
(voluntary) project responsible project committee Asia
The Melania Foundation is looking for a project manager to strengthen the Asia project committee. Do you want to support female entrepreneurs in Asia? Do you want to be part of an informal volunteer organization, in full growth and development and you bring a local network from Asia, then we would like to get in touch with you!
The Melania Development Cooperation Foundation supports groups of women in Africa, Asia and Latin America with starting capital to set up their own business and to acquire their own position in society. The foundation consists of volunteers and is based on the strength and initiative of women. She uses the profession, experience and time of her employees to seek connections and to draw attention to the position of women worldwide. In 2021 Melania will be 100 years old. Melania's approximately 35 volunteers work together in three project committees, fund-raising and communication committees and the board. With a wide variety of backgrounds and ages, many women and also some men. Our drive is to support own initiatives of strong women in developing countries.
About project committees
Melania's project committees consist of a project coordinator and 3-6 project managers. You jointly share the responsibility for finding, assessing, evaluating and monitoring project applications from Asia.
What are you going to do specifically?
• You are responsible for an adequate handling of the projects in your portfolio from the continent of Asia. This means that you:
✔ From application to final evaluation, maintain contact with and be the point of contact for the counterpart in Asia
✔ Possibly ask additional questions for approval
✔ Set in motion and check whether the finances are coming in properly
✔ Request reports – interim, final and financial statements in a timely manner
• You monitor the implementation of the projects
• You ensure proper administration of the projects in Sharepoint, the joint administration system.
• You regularly coordinate with the coordinator of the project committee
• You ensure a first translation of your projects into a text for fundraising and communication (website, social media, annual report, newsletters)
• You participate in committee meetings and central meetings (twice a year) and the Melania Day.
• You are involved with Melania as an organization and you actively participate in the further development of Melania
What are you bringing?
● Knowledge and experience in international/development cooperation and gender equality and project assessment.
● Good communication skills in Dutch and English (an Asian language is an advantage).
● A substantiated personal motivation for 'Why Melania'?
● A flexible attitude and team spirit
● Initiative and independent task responsibility
● Intention to commit for at least 1 year, preferably longer
● Available time of approximately 4-6 hours per week, largely flexible to plan
● Willingness to volunteer your knowledge and experience for Melania
● Having your own network with local contacts in Asia is an advantage
● Enthusiasm to inspire and mobilize your own network in the Netherlands for Melania
We offer you
● A responsible role within a versatile organization
● An inspiring internationally connected environment
● Opportunity to make a difference to women in developing countries
● Room for personal development
● The chance to (further) develop your talents
● A network of passionate people with the same interests
● A travel and expense allowance
Send your CV and motivation to [email protected] no later than 14 December.
For more substantive information, please contact Lioba van Dam, [email protected]; coordinator project committee Asia.
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs
About Stichting Melania
Melania is committed to gender equality and to improving the economic position of (underprivileged) women in Asia, Africa and Latin America, so that they can build an independent life. We do this by financing small-scale income-generating projects, from a transparent and effective organization with committed and expert employees. Here in the Netherlands we are building a community of socially involved women who donate money to realize the projects.