Stichting ShillohCare is a non-profit organization set up to empower widows, the elderly and orphans; transforming their lives and their communities through sustainable development training in life ...
Fundraising Coordinator - Sexual and Reproductive Health Education Project
Fundraising Coordinator: Ref: SCF_V04_ SRHT_2020_11
Universal access to sexual and reproductive health (SRH) is key to improve the quality of life for everyone. Everyone has the right to access information and services that they need to take care of their bodies. ShillohCare SRH Team is focusing on Adolescent girls aged 10-19 years of age who need special attention and sexual and reproductive health information and care that meet their needs. This includes the right to learn how to prevent unwanted pregnancies and sexually transmitted infections, like HIV.
The selected candidate will report directly to and work closely with the Foundation’s Management Board in everyday activities. The following responsibilities will be assigned to the selected candidate according to qualification and experience and as outlined in the appointment letter.
· Develop a fundraising strategy;
· Develop standard or tailored project proposals, coordinate with donors;
· Draft project proposals and contact funding organizations;
· Research and foster funding partners through, corporations, governments, other NGOs and individual donors;
· Organize public fundraising events;
· Supervise ShillohCare Interns.
To be eligible for a volunteer position at the ShillohCare you must be:
• Available from a minimum of 3 months
• Fluent in written and spoken English. Good working knowledge of Dutch is an asset.
Please note that ShillohCare volunteer places are currently on a local basis and are non-funded.
Stichting ShillohCare is a partner of ShillohCare Foundation in Kenya and is involved in developing and implementing capacity building initiatives in rural and rural-urban transition zones.
ShillohCare focuses on three areas: Water, Health and Education.
Our Core activity in the Netherlands is to raise funds to enable our partner NGO in Kenya to implement its objectives and to take action towards achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).