Stichting ShillohCare is a non-profit organization set up to empower widows, the elderly and orphans; transforming their lives and their communities through sustainable development training in life ...
Intern - Affordable and Clean Energy Project (Clean cooking)
Intern: Ref: SCF_INT02_ACE_2020_11
Access to clean, modern, sustainable energy is critical for improving the health and livelihoods of billions of people around the world. BLEN fuels (biogas, liquefied petroleum gas, electricity, and natural gas) are the cleanest solutions, able to reduce household air pollution emissions to the level of WHO guidelines safe for health. They are ideal bridge fuels to non-intermittent, fully renewable energy options for household energy use. ShillohCare is working towards an affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for the widows in Koru-Kenya.
The Intern will support the fundraising Coordinator in performing the following responsibilities:
· Assist in developing a fundraising strategy;
· Assist in developing standard or tailored project proposals, coordinating with donors;
· Assist in drafting project proposals and contacting funding organizations;
· Assist in Research and fostering funding partners through, corporations, governments, other NGOs and individual donors;
· Assist in organizing public fundraising events.
To be eligible for an Internship position at the ShillohCare you must be:
• Available from a minimum of 3 months to a maximum of 12 months
• Fluent in written and spoken English. Good working knowledge of Dutch is an asset.
Please note that ShillohCare Internship places are currently on a local basis and are non-funded.
Stichting ShillohCare is a partner of ShillohCare Foundation in Kenya and is involved in developing and implementing capacity building initiatives in rural and rural-urban transition zones.
ShillohCare focuses on three areas: Water, Health and Education.
Our Core activity in the Netherlands is to raise funds to enable our partner NGO in Kenya to implement its objectives and to take action towards achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).