Stichting ShillohCare is a non-profit organization set up to empower widows, the elderly and orphans; transforming their lives and their communities through sustainable development training in life ...
Intern - Sexual and Reproductive Health Education Project
Intern: Ref: SCF_INT04_SRHT_2020_11
Universal access to sexual and reproductive health (SRH) is key to improve the quality of life for everyone
Everyone has the right to access information and services that they need to take care of their bodies. ShillohCare SRH Team is focusing on Adolescent girls aged 10-19 years of age who need special attention and sexual and reproductive health information and care that meet their needs. This includes the right to learn how to prevent unwanted pregnancies and sexually transmitted infections, like HIV.
The Intern will support the fundraising Coordinator in performing the following responsibilities:
· Assist in developing a fundraising strategy;
· Assist in developing standard or tailored project proposals, coordinating with donors;
· Assist in drafting project proposals and contacting funding organizations;
· Assist in Research and fostering funding partners through, corporations, governments, other NGOs and individual donors;
· Assist in organizing public fundraising events.
To be eligible for an Internship position at the ShillohCare you must be:
• Available from a minimum of 3 months to a maximum of 12 months
• Fluent in written and spoken English. Good working knowledge of Dutch is an asset.
Please note that ShillohCare Internship places are currently on a local basis and are non-funded.
Stichting ShillohCare is a partner of ShillohCare Foundation in Kenya and is involved in developing and implementing capacity building initiatives in rural and rural-urban transition zones.
ShillohCare focuses on three areas: Water, Health and Education.
Our Core activity in the Netherlands is to raise funds to enable our partner NGO in Kenya to implement its objectives and to take action towards achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).