Unity Diversity is a humanitarian foundation that contributes to sustainable communities in The Netherlands and Nigeria through integration projects, inclusive development and empowerment projects, ...
Communications volunteer at UID
We are looking for social media and web-savvy volunteers to join our Communication Team. The communications volunteer will assist the Communications Manager with UID’s communications, promotion, branding or marketing. This position will help to gain hands-on experience and training in many aspects of marketing and development, while also gaining a good understanding of a small nonprofit organization.
Volunteer's responsibilities will include:
- Assisting Communications Manager with overall external and internal communications.
- Assisting with the implementation of the Strategic Development plan for communications, including newsletters (internal, external), and other related to social media tasks in general.
- Participating in the branding of specific projects, fully supporting the PR strategy of the foundations and executing it in different phases.
- Creating and curating engaging content.
- Maintaining and updating UID social media sites. This can be done with other social media volunteers.
- Assisting in liaising with volunteer coordinators and project management team to create relevant media content for each project (promoting events).
- Assisting with certain press opportunities – press releases, sponsorship opportunities, advertisements, and promotional materials etc.
- Assisting staff with tracking, formatting and archiving reviews and other media on socio-cultural integration, alongside the research team.
- Assisting with mailings to our audience and other contacts.
- Attending the bi-weekly meetings to report and provide input.
- UID’ projects, events and community outreaches.
- Regular Committee or project meetings.
- Attend the bi-weekly meetings to report and provide input from the Social Media POV for overall marketing efforts for UID’s project and UID in general for the year.
- You are energetic, inventive and hard working with ideas about creative ways to engage audiences in achieving the organization’s mission.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, the knowledge of Dutch is an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience with social media platforms.
- A commitment to professional ethics and abilities to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to work independently and in a team of multicultural individuals.
- Affinity with Graphic design platforms and Website content management system is a plus.
- We require two letters of recommendation sent directly by referee to us
- You will be provided with a template to request such letters.
- If interested, please send your CV and a short motivation letter (max. 500 words)
- All successful applicants will be required to commit a minimum of 10 to 15 hours per week to volunteer. Minimum period for volunteering is 6 months. Start date for this position is immediate. On occasion we can accept applicants who have lesser months to volunteer.
Monitor progress of fundraising activities
Identify and build relationships with potential donors.Posted by Stichting Ojodu Grassroots Alternatives Foundation