Unity Diversity is a humanitarian foundation that contributes to sustainable communities in The Netherlands and Nigeria through integration projects, inclusive development and empowerment projects, ...
Country director at UID
We are looking for a volunteer Country Director (CD), to manage a diverse team of volunteers. You will be assisted by an Assistant Country Director oversee all staff members and their projects and/or assignments. You will oversee the recruiting of new staff members and conduct all interviews with applicants. You will be responsible for staff development including staff training and team-building exercises. You will be responsible to oversee all UID projects, review project reports from project managers, and report quarterly to the Board of Directors. Volunteering with us will give you an opportunity to utilize your skills to make a difference in communities. It will also aid you in sharpening your skills, learning new ones, and meeting people from different parts of the world.
- Responsible for managing UID's office in The Netherlands, and individual projects outside the Netherlands
- Responsible for supervising project managers and all staff members
- Recruitment of new staff members
- Manage the day to day running of the office organize staff training and team building exercises
- Work with staff to fundraise and manage funds
- Create new projects with the approval of the board, and oversee the implementation of already existing projects.
- Represent UID in activities within and outside The Netherlands
- Monitor projects, approve project reports of project leaders and prepare quarterly reports on UID's activities for the board
- Oversee all other departments of UID besides the project management team.
- Ability to think strategically
- Ability to make excellent decisions
- Working well in a team and with a direct supervisor
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Great leadership skills
- Ability to monitor a team and projects
- Sufficient knowledge of G Suite (this is desirable, but not compulsory)
- Ability to create reports neatly and completely
- Working well under pressure and with deadlines
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Excellent decision-making and leadership capabilities
- Contract negotiation
- Conflict resolution experience
- Able to tolerate stress
- We require two letters of recommendation sent directly by referee to us
- You will be provided with a template to request such letters.
- If interested, please send your CV and a short motivation letter (max. 500 words
All successful applicants will be required to commit a minimum of 10 to 15 hours per week to volunteer. Minimum period for volunteering is 6 months. Start date for this position is immediate. On occasion we can accept applicants who have lesser months to volunteer.