Unity Diversity is a humanitarian foundation that contributes to sustainable communities in The Netherlands and Nigeria through integration projects, inclusive development and empowerment projects, ...
Scan me or visit www.volunteerthehague.nl/o/Stichting-Unity-In-Diversity/opportunities/Donation-volunteer/38661 to join
SummaryWe are currently looking for two short term volunteers who can help us sort, repackage and distribute items to people in need.
Every year in the Netherlands, 300 million kilos of clothing are thrown away and burned. That's 12,500 trucks full. That is such a waste. On occasion, Unity In Diversity (UID) receives donations ranging from clothing, books, toys and furniture from those who celebrate the importance of reusing and recycling and also wish to help those in need. UID then periodically facilitates the distribution of said items to those in the community who may have a need.
We are currently looking for two short term volunteers who can help us sort, repackage and distribute items to people in need.
> More Info
The Donation Volunteer is responsible for assisting with the reception and coordination of donated items, as well as identifying beneficiaries and managing distribution. You will be directly supervised by our Country Director.
● Sorting out the donations from the UID the office
● Identify persons in need of donations
● Develop a (covid proof) plan for distribution
● Package (if necessary) and distribute items
● Assist with planning donation items
● Logistical strategic insights
● Flexible and adaptable
● Good communication skills
● Good interpersonal skills
● A high level of engagement with the receiver
● Stable, independent, patient and friendly
● Problem solver
● An interest and commitment to humanitarian causes, especially with regards to refugees,
education and empowerment
● Experience in organizing, warehouse or distribution
● Excellent attention to detail
● Previous experience of working or volunteering in the not-for-profit sector (voluntary or paid), is desirable but not essential
● This role require one person to be in office, physically sorting items, and another to organize the distribution.
● Possession of a car and a valid driver's license considered beneficial.
● You will be provided with a template to request such letters.
If interested, please send your CV and a short motivation letter Successful applicants will be required to commit to a minimum of 6 hours per week to volunteer. This position is envisaged to continue until the end of the year (excluding holidays). Start date for this position is immediate.
About Stichting Unity In Diversity
Are you good at writing concept notes for projects?Develop fundraising programs
Monitor progress of fundraising activities
Identify and build relationships with potential donors.Posted by Stichting Ojodu Grassroots Alternatives Foundation