Unity Diversity is a humanitarian foundation that contributes to sustainable communities in The Netherlands and Nigeria through integration projects, inclusive development and empowerment projects, ...
English and Dutch Language Project Volunteer
Scan me or visit www.volunteerthehague.nl/o/Stichting-Unity-In-Diversity/opportunities/English-and-Dutch-Language-Project-Volunteer/38681 to join
SummaryWE AIM TO REPLY CANDIDATES BETWEEN 4-6 WEEKS OF RECEIPT OF APPLICATION. This may vary depending on the time of year.
We are looking for a fun and enthusiastic English teacher to work with us throughout this summer and in subsequent months. Our classes are held two times a week for two hours each lesson. Our current class schedule is: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays 17:00 to 19:00. It is possible to choose 1 or two days out of these days, if teaching 3 times a week is not possible. There may also be the possibility of adjusting the schedule to suit the candidate.
Your immediate tasks and responsibilities include:
- Preparing the progress report every two weeks (combination of all data from all the teachers)
- Preparing the condensed report every six weeks (detailed report on English lessons and English and Dutch Book clubs)
- Taking part in the recruitment process of new teachers when necessary.
- Ensuring a smooth communication between the teachers and the organisation
- Marking developmental suggestion and recommendation on how to deal with the challenges that the teachers/ project is faced with.
- Making decisions on matters that involve the project (after consultation)
- Explain new ideas and unfamiliar concepts with authority and in a clear and concise way so that students can understand
- Working with students from different backgrounds and with different learning abilities
Finding ways to encourage students' active participation in classes
What we ask for:
- Excellent communication skills in English on academic level. Availability for at least one year (negotiable based on availability).
- Computer literacy as most work is done via computers.
- A team worker who has cultural intelligence (UID is multinational organisation).
- Creativity and innovation in teaching process as well as patience to facilitate the teaching process for all students.
All successful applicants will be required to commit 4-6 hours per week to volunteer. Minimum period of volunteering for this position is 6 months.
About Stichting Unity In Diversity
Are you good at writing concept notes for projects?Develop fundraising programs
Monitor progress of fundraising activities
Identify and build relationships with potential donors.Posted by Stichting Ojodu Grassroots Alternatives Foundation