Unity Diversity is a humanitarian foundation that contributes to sustainable communities in The Netherlands and Nigeria through integration projects, inclusive development and empowerment projects, ...
English teacher at UID
Scan me or visit www.volunteerthehague.nl/o/Stichting-Unity-In-Diversity/opportunities/English-teacher-at-UID/39803 to join
SummaryWe are looking for a volunteer English teacher at UID.
As a volunteer teacher you will be teaching a class group of 2-5 students. We keep our class size small for better communication between the teacher and the students. The students range from beginner to advanced level in comprehension, speaking, and in reading English.
As a result of the current COVID-19 restrictions, classes will be held online. Depending on the connectivity, the web application for the online class will be determined by the teacher upon agreement with the students. Typically classes are held 1-2 times a week depending on your availability and the availability of your students. You will be directly supervised by the Language Project Coordinator.
- Facilitate class group of 2-5 students
- Devise lessons plans and arrange class schedules
- Monitor and track students development as well as participation in the lessons
- Prepare monthly progress reports for submission to the Language Program Coordinator
- Coordinate with the Language Program coordinator on matters related to the project such as but not limited to class schedule, reports, and resources needed
- Work with the UID Language Project team to plan and implement this project and where possible, including the creation of an adequate English curriculum and in the identification of the resources needed such as books and articles
- Work as a project team member (class teacher) for the English language lesson project
The ideal candidate should hold a recognized qualification in his/her respective field. A good command of written/spoken and an understanding of English grammar is essential. The following skill sets are required:
- Experience in teaching English classes
- Fluent in English, both written & spoken
- Good communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Interactive and creative
- Able to work independently
- Flexible and adaptable
- Problem solver
- Excellent attention to detail
- An interest and commitment to humanitarian causes, especially with regards to refugees,
- education and empowerment
- Previous experience of working or volunteering in the not-for-profit sector (voluntary or paid), is desirable but not essential
About Stichting Unity In Diversity
Communications volunteer at UID with focus on website editingWe are looking for social media and web-savvy volunteers to join our Communication Team, assisting in communications, promotion, branding and marketingPosted by Stichting Unity In Diversity
Are you good at writing concept notes for projects?Develop fundraising programs
Monitor progress of fundraising activities
Identify and build relationships with potential donors.Posted by Stichting Ojodu Grassroots Alternatives Foundation