Vital Aid Foundation (hereafter to be called VAF) was founded in The Hague on November 23th, 2004 as a non-governmental, non-profit foundation with two objectives:
1. To contribute to the integration ...
Volunteer to assist build MUMS AT WORK network and activities
Scan me or visit www.volunteerthehague.nl/o/Stichting-Vital-Aid-foundation/opportunities/Volunteer-to-assist-build-MUMS-AT-WORK-network-and-activities/38623 to join
SummaryWe welcome you to join our dynamic team of volunteers.
For Buddy network and MUMS AT WORK PROGRAMS
We welcome you to join our dynamic team of volunteers.
Whether your interest lies in helping the community, building a career path, gaining work experience, expanding your network in the Netherlands or building up your CV by volunteering in any of our programs, Buddy Network, and [email protected] programs.
Whatever your reasons are, you are well appreciated.
Join us to provide services and build self-esteem for women through group workshops on self-appreciation, community involvement, group spots and fitness routine, group cultural immersion experience and sightseeing, group training on work, income and informal care for the vulnerable groups. Join! Join! Join!
About Stichting Vital Aid foundation
1. To contribute to the integration of the African Diaspora in Dutch society/culture. The goal is to encourage/strengthen certain cultural habits and behavior to enable the African Diaspora to expand its own potential, so that they may contribute in a positive way to Dutch society, its economy and well-being of all concerned.
2. The VAF also aims to contribute to lessening poverty in the various African countries of origin. Attention is given primarily to activities like the promotion of equal access to education, enforcement of human rights, economic and social participation of disadvantaged groups, etc.
VAF particularly focuses on women and girls. With that in mind VAF has coordinated and organized activities for and with African women in The Netherlands and in a couple of African countries as well, to strengthen the economic and social position of women and to boost awareness on subjects like HIV/AIDS and their individual (reproductive and sexual) rights.
VAF has acquired experience on these themes with projects like: helping victims of domestic violence, human trafficking, voluntary return of migrants to their country of origin, migration and integration projects, care assistance to the elderly and physically challenged.
As we went along we developed more understanding of the nature and scope of the problems of African migrants in The Netherlands and the need for well targeted interventions.
• Care assistance to the elderly and physically challenged
• Migration and Integration
• Gender equality