The Humanity Hub is a not-for-profit foundation that supports and strengthens the Hague ecosystem for a more peaceful and just world. We facilitate collaboration and innovation by offering the ...
Guides needed for the Just Peace Month walking tours
Scan me or visit www.volunteerthehague.nl/o/The-Hague-Humanity-Hub/opportunities/Guides-needed-for-the-Just-Peace-Month-walking-tours/54765 to join
SummaryFor this position you do not have to be The Hague savvy and will be trained to provide the necessary information during the guided tours.
The Just Peace Month is a month-long public programme run by The Hague Humanity Hub that aims to bring peace and justice to life for citizens of The Hague. Under the overarching theme ‘Hope in times of adversity’ we seek to showcase the myriad of ways in which the ecosystem of The Hague is working towards a more peaceful and just world and make the idea of ‘The Hague, International City of Peace and Justice’ more tangible to its citizens.
The Hague is known to many as the International City of Peace and Justice – a reputation that was built on since the city hosted the first Peace Conference in 1899. Now, it is home to 480 international organisations who work together to foster a better world. International institutions in The Hague, such as Eurojust, the Permanent Court of Arbitration (PCA), and the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) and more will participate in this year’s Just Peace Month.
The International Zone in The Hague is an area where many famous and important international organizations are located. Thousands of people work here every day to make the world a better, fairer and safer world. You will learn about the past, present and future of the International Zone in The Hague, how this war zone was converted into a peace zone and guide Just Peace Month gusts on specific routes to the participating international organizations.
Between September 21st and October 24th, activities are organised throughout the city by over 50 contributing organisations. To support the contributing organisations, we are working with volunteers.
What does the position entail?
- You do not have to be The Hague savvy and will be trained to provide the necessary information during the guided tours.
- We are looking for a flexible commitment during the Just Peace Month.
- If you are passionate about our city international Peace & Justice spirit and would like to share it with others during the guided tours then please get in touch with us! Looking forward to hearing from you.
What do you bring?
- Good team player, proactive;
- Enthusiasm to work with other volunteers;
- Good knowledge of English and/or Dutch;
- Knowledge of the organisations working on peace & justice in The Hague, genuine interest in the themes and the aim of the Just Peace Month;
What we will provide to volunteers🤝 Extra support
About The Hague Humanity Hub
Our growing community is active in a wide range of fields such as peacebuilding, justice innovation, education, humanitarian action, climate action, and development aid, and ranging from non-profit to for profit, start-ups to scale-ups, small local to large international organizations and academia. Our amibition is to unleash the potential of the ecosystem by engaging as many organsiations as possible in our community.
The Humanity Hub recently became an SDG House with the purpose to connect and support collaboration between diverse actors working on international impact to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals.
WHAT WE DO
- Build and support a diverse community of active members
- Act as a catalyst for connection and exchange of knowledge
- Offer innovative community-led programming around relevant themes
- Facilitate visibility, transparency and access to the Hague ecosystem
- Provide a connection point for talent and employers
- Enable the development of new initiatives and welcome newcomers
- Flexible office concept, event and meeting space and online event services
- Offer the community a home to meet and connect