The Humanity Hub is a not-for-profit foundation that supports and strengthens the Hague ecosystem for a more peaceful and just world. We facilitate collaboration and innovation by offering the ...
Just and Peace Month Events Support
Scan me or visit www.volunteerthehague.nl/o/The-Hague-Humanity-Hub/opportunities/Just-and-Peace-Month-Events-Support/54764 to join
SummaryAre you interested in peace & justice and would like to support the events of the Just Peace Month? Then we need you!
The Just Peace Month is a month-long public programme run by The Hague Humanity Hub that aims to bring peace and justice to life for citizens of The Hague. Under the overarching theme ‘Hope in times of adversity’ we seek to showcase the myriad of ways in which the ecosystem of The Hague is working towards a more peaceful and just world and make the idea of ‘The Hague, International City of Peace and Justice’ more tangible to its citizens.
Between September 21st and October 24th, activities are organised throughout the city by over 50 contributing organisations. To support the contributing organisations, we are we are working with volunteers.
What does the position entail?
As a volunteer, you will work with the Just Peace Month team to support organisations in the upcoming events (registration, directions, logistics, allround)
We are looking for a flexible commitment during the Just Peace Month. You will be applying for more specific vacancies based on the event that you would like to volunteer for.
What do you bring?
- Good team player, proactive;
- Enthusiasm to work with other volunteers;
- Good knowledge of English and/or Dutch;
- Knowledge of the organisations working on peace & justice in The Hague, genuine interest in the themes and the aim of the Just Peace Month;
Help us to promote The Hague as the international city of Peace and Justice during the Just Peace Month 2022 events!
What we will provide to volunteers🤝 Extra support
About The Hague Humanity Hub
Our growing community is active in a wide range of fields such as peacebuilding, justice innovation, education, humanitarian action, climate action, and development aid, and ranging from non-profit to for profit, start-ups to scale-ups, small local to large international organizations and academia. Our amibition is to unleash the potential of the ecosystem by engaging as many organsiations as possible in our community.
The Humanity Hub recently became an SDG House with the purpose to connect and support collaboration between diverse actors working on international impact to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals.
WHAT WE DO
- Build and support a diverse community of active members
- Act as a catalyst for connection and exchange of knowledge
- Offer innovative community-led programming around relevant themes
- Facilitate visibility, transparency and access to the Hague ecosystem
- Provide a connection point for talent and employers
- Enable the development of new initiatives and welcome newcomers
- Flexible office concept, event and meeting space and online event services
- Offer the community a home to meet and connect