The Humanity Hub is a not-for-profit foundation that supports and strengthens the Hague ecosystem for a more peaceful and just world. We facilitate collaboration and innovation by offering the ...
Volunteer Coordination Support Needed
Scan me or visit www.volunteerthehague.nl/o/The-Hague-Humanity-Hub/opportunities/Volunteer-Coordination-Support-Needed/54760 to join
SummaryAre you a team-player with excellent coordination skills? Do you want to support the activities of the Just Peace Month? Then apply to join out team!
The Just Peace Month is a month-long public programme run by The Hague Humanity Hub that aims to bring peace and justice to life for citizens of The Hague. Under the overarching theme ‘Hope in times of adversity’ we seek to showcase the myriad of ways in which the ecosystem of The Hague is working towards a more peaceful and just world and make the idea of ‘The Hague, International City of Peace and Justice’ more tangible to its citizens.
Between September 21st and October 24th, activities are organised throughout the city by over 50 contributing organisations. To support the contributing organisations, we are working with volunteers.
What does the position entail?
· ensure that enough volunteers are allocated to the events (based on the requests of the participating organisations)
· ensure a smooth coordination of the volunteers
· keep a constant communication flow with the JPM team
We are looking for a commitment of 8/16 hours a week starting mid-August.
What do you bring?
- Excellent delegation & organisation skills;
- Ideally, previous experience in coordinating volunteers;
- Good team player, proactive with leadership skills;
- Good knowledge of both English and Dutch;
- Knowledge of and/or interest in peace & justice themes and organisations
- Enthusiasm to work with young people
What we will provide to volunteers🤝 Extra support
About The Hague Humanity Hub
Our growing community is active in a wide range of fields such as peacebuilding, justice innovation, education, humanitarian action, climate action, and development aid, and ranging from non-profit to for profit, start-ups to scale-ups, small local to large international organizations and academia. Our amibition is to unleash the potential of the ecosystem by engaging as many organsiations as possible in our community.
The Humanity Hub recently became an SDG House with the purpose to connect and support collaboration between diverse actors working on international impact to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals.
WHAT WE DO
- Build and support a diverse community of active members
- Act as a catalyst for connection and exchange of knowledge
- Offer innovative community-led programming around relevant themes
- Facilitate visibility, transparency and access to the Hague ecosystem
- Provide a connection point for talent and employers
- Enable the development of new initiatives and welcome newcomers
- Flexible office concept, event and meeting space and online event services
- Offer the community a home to meet and connect