We are a QUEER, LGBTIAP+, INTERSECTIONAL SAFE SPACE that focuses on empowering the many communities in The Hague region. We accomplish this by focusing on activism and education and organizing ...
Become a queer organizer become an event & program team member!
Scan me or visit www.volunteerthehague.nl/o/The-Hang-Out-070/opportunities/Become-a-queer-organizer-become-an-event--program-team-member/53877 to join
SummaryBecome a member of a group busy with our events and program team. You will have an opportunity to help out bringing queer people together
Queer organizer (X/M/V)
Are you somebody that lives for bring the queer togehter. Do you think The Hague needs more safer and inclusive events for queer people without transphobia, homophobia, and racism? Are you ready to learn about organizing for your community? Inquire about this unique volunteer experience and become part of our events & program volunteer group!
About The Hang-Out 070
The Hang-Out 070 has been a social hub for marginalised individuals living in and around The Hague since early 2016. In our organising, we believe in centering the lived experience of people of colour within the LGBTQ+ community. With this inclusive perspective, we create a safer space for our community and organise events meant to empower and support them. Just look at the very first Pride Walk, or our Queer Taste of Poetry events. We ensure that everybody gets to discover themselves at their own pace, be it gender identity, sexuality, or ethnicity. We achieve this by focusing on art, activism, and education.
About the E&P group:
The Event & Program group is in charge of organizing, coordinating and maintaining, well the events and programs that are happening.
The function: E&P-member
- You think of ways to bring the queer commnuity togheter
- You help out with events in programs in THO-070
- You make sure logistics are covered
- You monitor applications and cancelations
- You solve problems in creative ways so that events can continue
- You look for ways that event organizing goes more efficient
You are somebody who:
- Like to bring the community together
- Is a doer
- Love to plan ahead
- knows how to operate Google Drive (or is willing to learn);
- is structurally available for a minimum of 4 hours a week
- An network of queer people and organisations in the area of The Hague;
- Trainings and personal education without the stress of an internship;
- An activistic environment that is democratic and social
- Freedom and independence in your activities;
- A fun, educational space where you can unapologetically be yourself!
Sounds interesting right? contact us!
Contact Riyaz (coordinator THO-070), tel: +31 6 28 795 134 (whatsapp also possible), or send an email to [email protected]
What we will provide to volunteers🤝 Extra support
About The Hang-Out 070
We choose to centre the experiences of queer people of colour (BPOC). This means that everyone in the QUEER, LGBTIAP+ community is welcome in our safe(r) space - it also means our work primarily focuses on Queer BPOC.