We are a QUEER, LGBTIAP+, INTERSECTIONAL SAFE SPACE that focuses on empowering the many communities in The Hague region. We accomplish this by focusing on activism and education and organizing ...
Become our volunteer coordinator!
Scan me or visit www.volunteerthehague.nl/o/The-Hang-Out-070/opportunities/Become-our-volunteer-coordinator/53844 to join
SummaryWe are looking for someone who likes to start the conversation and contributes to let curious new volunteer find their way within THO-070
What will you do as a volunteer coordinator?
You will work with all kinds of volunteers on issues such as:
- How do we reach new volunteer where do those queer volunteers recruit?
- How do you ensure that the current volunteers end up in their proper place?
- How do we take care of our volunteers?
- What resources can use or create such as trainings or workshops to promote professionalism
What do we need?
- someone who is proactive
- Someone who dares to get in touch
- can work or want to learn to work with google drive
- is interested in volunteering processes
You will become part of our Community Care & Volunteers group below a little more about that group.
About the CCV group:
The CCV group's main task, as the name suggests, is to provide care to the community. By this main task we mean a wide understanding of facility and communicative tasks. The CCV group is responsible for concretely executing our safer spaces mission goal - you help make sure everyone feels welcome and heard.
The position: Member of the CCV group
- You provide personal support to people when someone needs it;
- You listen to the community and translate this into ways to improve THO-070;
- You help to keep our space accessible;
- You support our other volunteers and team members where necessary;
- You help with training and information sessions;
- You are committed to queer emancipation in The Hague and in the Netherlands
We ask someone who:
- want to be a champion for our queer community in The Hague;
- is socially strong and takes initiative in networking opportunities;
- can work with Google Drive (or want to learn);
- can contribute structurally to our mission for at least 4 hours a week
- a network of queer people and organizations in and around Haaglanden;
- personal training and guidance without the stress of an internship;
- an activist environment that organizes itself democratically and socially;
- independence in your activities;
- a cosy, educational haven where you can be yourself without mercy!
Interesting right? Don't miss this opportunity!
Please contact Riyaz (coordinator THO-070) directly. Phone. no.: +31 6 28 795 134 (WhatsApp also possible), or send an email to [email protected]
About The Hang-Out 070
We choose to centre the experiences of queer people of colour (BPOC). This means that everyone in the QUEER, LGBTIAP+ community is welcome in our safe(r) space - it also means our work primarily focuses on Queer BPOC.