The Hang-Out 070
We are a QUEER, LGBTIAP+, INTERSECTIONAL SAFE SPACE that focuses on empowering the many communities in The Hague region. We accomplish this by focusing on activism and education and organizing ...
General board member board The Hang-Out 070
Scan me or visit www.volunteerthehague.nl/o/The-Hang-Out-070/opportunities/General-board-member-board-The-Hang-Out-070/57687 to join
SummaryWe are looking for someone who would like to lead an enthusiastic queer organisation in the Hague and would like to help to create a little queer utopia.
What is a general board member of THO-070?
A general board member is someone who together with other board members forms the daily governance of THO-070. You contribute to the general course of events within the board. You are also responsible for a personal portfolio and monitor the different groups within THO-070.
What will you be doing as a general board member?
You will do various tasks such asJe gaat aan de slag als met allerlei taken zoals:
- Take part in board meetings
- Lead groups, commissions and projects
- Represent the organisation
- Tasks of organising and archiving character
What do we need?
- Someone with perseverance
- Speaks and writes English, preferably also Dutch
- Has affinity with queer communities of color
- Has knowledge of administrative, political and financial affairs
What do we offer?
- A network of queer people and organisations in and in the general area of Haaglanden
- An activist environment that organises democratically and socially
- Independent activities
- A cosy and educational haven where you can be yourself without shame!
Sounds interesting, right? Don’t miss this chance!
Send an email now to [email protected] Tell something about yourself and your motivation, and leave your mobile number, then the coordinator will contact you. See you soon <3
What does a general board member of THO-070 do
The general board member, together with other board members, forms the daily governance of The Hang-Out 070. The tasks of the general board member of THO-070 are to manage portfolios and/or lead groups and contribute to the general course of events of the organization.
Furthermore, the board member takes care of the development and needs of the queer community, especially within the Haaglanden region. The board member is responsible for the organization as well as being the public face of the organization. They have a personal portfolio, and supervise various groups within THO-070. They organize their tasks in such a way that that the queer community can maintain a safe home.
Board members are chosen on the basis of the statutes of the non-profit The Hang-Out 070 and will involve wide approval of the key figures who are involved within the organization.
The tasks of a general board member
Participates in and supports the board
- Participates in board meetings
Leads groups/commissions and projects of THO-070
- Coaches coordinators and volunteers
- Forms and coaches different commissions and work groups that get independent responsibilities within THO-070
Inspires and is representative
- Inspires people to participate in THO-070
- Is a representative of THO-070
- Will be a point of contact for municipalities and semi-governments that are involved
- Expresses the vision of THO-070 and changes it whenever needed
- Visits relevant meetings (inside and outside of the Haaglanden region)
- Forms a team/group/commission who can do these tasks together with the general board member
Initiating, structuring, and archiving
- Shares responsibility for the yearly report
- Shares responsibility for the yearly plan
- Shares responsibility for THO-070 finances
- Contributes to a sustainable, efficient and inclusive organization and working process
- Forms a team/group/commission that can do these tasks together with the general board member
Authority of a general board member
The general board member is authorized to make board decisions about the entire organization of THO-070 in consultation with the rest of the board. They will take into account the interests of the queer community of color in the Haaglanden region and the people who are involved in THO-070. Decisions need to be motivated and are binding for the coordinators and volunteers under THO-070. People who are involved are always allowed to fight decisions.
The general board member is authorized to green light and make financial transactions within the boundaries of the THO-070 statutes.
The general board member is allowed to act in the name of THO-070 and represents the organization.
Demands for a general board member
- Identify as queer
- Is sensitive towards queer related topics
- Is sensitive towards topics related to racism, xenophobia and other forms of marginalizations
- Has political sensitivity
- Can address stakeholders on behalf of THO-070, e.g:
- Policy makers
- Community leaders
- Is sensitive towards the political relations in the Netherlands and the municipalities who are involved
- Has a strong connection with the Haaglanden region
- Lives in the Haaglanden region
- Is familiar with the socio-political relations within the Haaglanden region
- Has board experience or is willing to learn them
- Can make long-term choices
- Shows leadership
- Is not a perfectionist and trusts leaders and volunteers
- Speaks English
- Can address people in English
- Can write documents in English
- Preferably speaks Dutch
- Can address people in Dutch
- Can write documents in Dutch
- Has financial understanding
- Can carry out or organize administrative tasks
- Has operational knowledge, as well as knowledge of regulations, policy and procedures that affect a non-profit or is willing to learn
- Has perseverance
- Will help to solve shortcomings
- Keeps going regardless of setbacks whenever possible
- Has morality and empathy
- Awareness of being in an exemplary role
- Awareness of position of power and acts upon that
- Awareness that they have the power to influence the atmosphere within THO-070.
- Awareness that they may not have romantic or sexual relationships with people from within the organization
Compensation of a general board member
Board members will be compensated according to the statutes of THO-070 and the available attendance fees.
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs
About The Hang-Out 070
We choose to centre the experiences of queer people of colour (BPOC). This means that everyone in the QUEER, LGBTIAP+ community is welcome in our safe(r) space - it also means our work primarily focuses on Queer BPOC.
Creative Event ManagerWe are looking for a experienced and creative Event Manager volunteer to promote our activity and community in the most creative events you can imagine!Posted by Stichting Wool for Warmth
Melania Foundation is looking for a Project Manager Asia!Do you want to work for female entrepreneurs in Asia and do you bring a local network with you in the region, then we look forward to hearing from you!Posted by Stichting Melania
Vacature coördinator Afrika projectenStichting Melania is op zoek naar een projectcoördinator om de projectcommissie Afrika te versterken.Posted by Stichting Melania
Help us build The Hague without transphobia, homophobia and racism!Then join the CCV team to provide care to the queer community with a wide range of tasks so that everyone in THO-070 feels safe and heard.Posted by The Hang-Out 070
Events Manager Reach & TeachJoin the board of Foundation Reach & Teach to support our mission to welcome newcomers to the Netherlands and offer them language classes and social activities.Posted by Reach and Teach
Buddy project 2GO: Buddy for victims of domestic violence and/or human traffickiBecome a volunteer at Maatjesproject 2GO!
Buddy project for victims of human trafficking and domestic violence.
Posted by 2GO