We are a QUEER, LGBTIAP+, INTERSECTIONAL SAFE SPACE that focuses on empowering the many communities in The Hague region. We accomplish this by focusing on activism and education and organizing ...
Member of community care and volunteer team
Scan me or visit www.volunteerthehague.nl/o/The-Hang-Out-070/opportunities/Member-of-community-care-and-volunteer-team/58393 to join
SummaryBecome a member of the CCV group to provide care to the queer community in the with a broad range of tasks so that everyone in THO-070 can feel safe and heard.
The CCV Group's main task, as its name suggests, is to provide care to the community. By this main task we mean a wide range of facility and communication tasks. The CCV group is responsible for carrying out our safer spaces mission goal - you help ensure everyone feels welcome and heard.
What will you do as a CCV member
- You provide personal support to people when someone needs it;
- You listen to the community and translate this into ways to improve THO-070
- You help keep our space accessible
- You support our other volunteers and team members as needed
- You help provide training and information sessions
- You are committed to queer emancipation in The Hague and in the Netherlands.
Who are we looking for?
- Wants to be an advocate for our Hague queer community
- Is socially strong and takes initiative in networking opportunities
- Can work with Google Drive (or wants to learn to do so)
- Can contribute structurally to our mission for at least 4 hours per week
What will we offer?
- A network of queer eople and organizations in the Haaglanden area;
- Personal mentoring and instruction without the burden of an internship;
- A democratic and socially organized activist atmosphere;
- Independence in your activities
- A kind, cozy educational household where you are free to be yourself!
Sounds good right? Don’t miss this opportunity!
Send an email to [email protected] with your mobile number and motivation and a volunteer coordinator will get to you as soon as possible. See you soon <3
About The Hang-Out 070
We choose to centre the experiences of queer people of colour (BPOC). This means that everyone in the QUEER, LGBTIAP+ community is welcome in our safe(r) space - it also means our work primarily focuses on Queer BPOC.