Travel2Connect is a small-scale social enterprise that offers interns and volunteers the opportunity - if you are open to it - to learn from a different culture. We will put you in direct contact with ...
Care workers - Volunteer work in The Gambia.
Scan me or visit www.volunteerthehague.nl/o/Travel2Connect1/opportunities/Zorgmedewerkers---Vrijwilligerswerk-in-Gambia/41324 to join
SummaryDo you want to gain a unique experience as a healthcare worker in a developing country such as The Gambia? Travel2Connect works together with various healthcare projects.
Do you want to gain a unique experience as a care worker in a developing country such as The Gambia? Travel2Connect works together with various healthcare projects. You can work in a pharmacy, as a dental assistant in a mobile dental clinic, as a physiotherapist, with disabled children or as a carer or nurse in a hospital. You can then choose from both local and professional hospitals. You will accompany doctors and nurses during their rounds of their patients. You observe and help with treatments and sometimes also with operations. You can also help in the laboratory, at the doctor's post or in the pharmacy. This way you gain a broad experience.
* You are at least 18 years old on the departure date.
* You are physically and mentally healthy.
* You are patient, flexible, reliable and you are interested in other cultures.
* You have experience regarding the vacancy or you are following a training for this.
* There is a registration procedure.
* You pay the costs that volunteer work in Gambia entails, such as preparation and guidance costs, ticket, accommodation costs and meals.
* Interesting projects from which you will learn a lot.
* Good preparation in the Netherlands and guidance in Gambia.
* Pick-up service from the airport.
* Introduction day in Gambia.
* A place to stay that serves as a home base where the volunteer can go with questions and relax.
* Various options for excursions and / or workshops.
It is currently possible to travel to Gambia. However, corona measures can change. Travel2Connect remains informed of any changes.