PR & Communications Manager
Who we are:
Wool for Warmth is a non-profit organization committed to helping homeless people in The Hague by donating winter cloths. The network of knitters and crocheters transforms the old scraps of wool into beautiful hand knitted/crocheted winter gifts for the 39,300 homeless in The Netherlands.
Aren’t we interesting!!
We as an organization have adapted to the new one and a half meter social distancing and ensure that as much as possible 1.5 meters can be kept and hygiene and protective equipment taken.
We are currently looking for an experienced Communication and Public Relations Manager (Comn. & PR Manager) to nurture a strong network, increase awareness and develop an enviable corporate image by developing and executing effective communication and media relations programs. Send us your CV with a motivational letter.
What you'll be doing:
• Planning, developing and implementing PR strategies.
• Communicating with colleagues and key spokespeople.
• Developing a marketing communications plan.
• Direct social media team to engage audiences across traditional and new media.
• Developing a media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media.
• Manage media inquiries.
• Create content for press releases.
• Handling media and the press on behalf of the organization, in order to always portray a positive image.
• Undertaking the planning and execution of grand openings, charitable events, press launches.
• Compiling reports, and presenting new products to the press, if any.
• Researching, writing and distributing press releases to targeted media.
• Collating and analysing media coverage.
• Writing and editing in-house magazines, case studies, speeches, articles and annual reports.
• Preparing and supervising the production of publicity brochures, handouts, direct mail leaflets, promotional videos, photographs, films and multimedia programmes.
• Maintaining and updating information on the organisation's website.
• Sourcing and managing speaking and sponsorship opportunities.
What you will need:
• Proven working experience in public relations required.
• Proven track record designing and executing successful public relations campaigns at both a local and national level.
• Experience in acting as a company spokesperson; comfortable and skilled in both broadcast and print media interviews.
• Exceptional writing and editing skills.
• Experience in MS Office tool.
• Solid experience with social media including blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
• Event planning experience.
• BA/MA degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or a related discipline.
• Fluent in English. Any other European language is a plus.
• Time to work as much as you want.