Hospitality theater café employee (volunteer)
Scan me or visit www.volunteerthehague.nl/o/De-Nieuwe-Regentes/opportunities/Hospitality-theater-cafe-employee-volunteer/43227 to join
SummaryDo you think it's a nice challenge to welcome guests in our Theatercafé? De Nieuwe Regentes is looking for a catering employee!
Theater De Nieuwe Regentes (DNR ) is a theater for and by the neighbourhood, a special and vibrant neighborhood theater in The Hague, which with a small permanent team and a diverse group of 80 volunteers offers residents, visitors, emerging and arriving (performing) artists, partners and tenants.
Our volunteers perform tasks in all places in the theater: they help with the catering industry and the box office, with technology and production, but also in the office or with odd jobs.
The entrance to the theater is also the Theater Café with a terrace. During the day the Theatercafé is open to the public. As a volunteer catering employee you are in our Theater Café during the day and you provide our guests or employees with coffee, tea or a sandwich.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Taking orders, serving and paying and maintaining and replenishing stocks.
- Making coffee, tea and sandwiches.
- Clearing, washing dishes, keeping your workplace clean and tidy.
- When the weather is nice, put the terrace outside and then put it back inside after your shift.
- We work with an easy-to-operate cash register system (you are responsible for the payment and a correct cash register).
We are looking for a volunteer:
- With a practical attitude, who is social and has an affinity with the hospitality industry.
- Which is customer friendly and hospitable.
- A flexible person with a sense of responsibility.
- Available on a regular basis during the week (Tuesday to Friday) in the morning or afternoon and willing to work a minimum of two shifts per month.
- Varied and pleasant work in a vibrant team where you can contribute to the social and cultural function of DNR.
- The opportunity to gain experience in the theater.
- A good training period with clear instructions in the range of tasks.
- A volunteer contract with clear agreements about responsibilities and obligations.
- The possibility to follow training where necessary.
- Our volunteers schedule themselves via a digital schedule on the days that suit them.
- The possibility to visit performances for free.
- A warm bath in a dynamic environment.
Does this vacancy appeal to you? Please contact us quickly: [email protected]
About Theater De Nieuwe Regentes
Our volunteers, or 'DNR Spetters', perform tasks in virtually every aspect of the theater and make De Nieuwe Regentes a sparkling warm bath. They help with the catering industry, at the cash register, scan the admission tickets for the performances, but also help with odd jobs or at the office in the publicity, technology and production departments. Partly because of history, a great sense of togetherness can be felt among the Spetters in De Nieuwe Regentes.