(Professional) teacher, Assistant or Childcare – Volunteering in The Gambia.
Scan me or visit www.volunteerthehague.nl/o/Travel2Connect1/opportunities/Professional-teacher-Assistant-or-Childcare--Volunteering-in-The-Gambia/41323 to join
SummaryDo you find it a challenge to volunteer in a developing country such as The Gambia at a nursery, primary, secondary or vocational school?
Do you find it a challenge to volunteer in a developing country such as The Gambia at a nursery, primary, secondary or vocational school? Then the basis is always supporting or giving English lessons. It is important to first get used to the culture and to a different way of teaching and that is why you watch the first few days. Depending on your level of English, enthusiasm, knowledge and commitment, you will become increasingly independent. You will also have the opportunity to provide support in other activities or subjects and to transfer your knowledge to the children or young people. By participating as a teacher or teaching assistant, you contribute to education, learn different skills yourself and make an impact with the local population. If you would like to share your knowledge and see up close how education works in a developing country, a teaching project is the perfect option. As a childcare worker, you help the smallest children at the nursery school. In consultation and with the help of the teacher, you organize creative or sporting activities in addition to the lessons they receive.
* You are at least 18 years old on the departure date.
* You are physically and mentally healthy.
* You are patient, flexible, reliable and you are interested in other cultures.
* You have experience regarding the vacancy or you are following a training for this.
* There is a registration procedure.
* You pay the costs that volunteer work in Gambia entails, such as preparation and guidance costs, ticket, accommodation costs and meals.
* Interesting projects from which you will learn a lot.
* Good preparation in the Netherlands and guidance in Gambia.
* Pick-up service from the airport.
* Introduction day in Gambia.
* A place to stay that serves as a home base where the volunteer can go with questions and relax.
* Various options for excursions and / or workshops.