The Humanity Hub is a not-for-profit foundation that supports and strengthens the Hague ecosystem for a more peaceful and just world. We facilitate collaboration and innovation by offering the ...
Tourguide at the Just Peace Open Day on September 24
Scan me or visit www.volunteerthehague.nl/o/The-Hague-Humanity-Hub/opportunities/Tourguide-at-the-Just-Peace-Open-Day-on-September-24/66856 to join
SummaryAre you interested in peace & justice and are looking for an opportunity to be more involved in what is going on in The Hague? Then look no further!
Do you want to support the activities of contributing organizations during the Just Peace Open Day? Are you interested in peace & justice and are looking for an opportunity to be more involved in what is going on in The Hague? Then look no further and come join our team on the Just Peace Open Day!
To help bridge the gap between international institutions and the public of The Hague, a collection of interesting international and local institutions, together with The Hague Humanity Hub, will open their doors to roughly 2.000 guests. The Just Peace Open Day aims to bring peace and justice to life for citizens of The Hague. Across the city, organizations including the Peace Palace , International Criminal Court, Europol, the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons among others facilitate visits by the public. We will host different tours that walk past these (and other) organizations. To facilitate these, we're looking for guides who are interested in learning about the peace and justice community in the Hague!
This is a unique opportunity to visit and get to know some of the largest international peace & justice organizations in The Hague.
What does the position entail?
As a tourguide, you will guide a group past a couple of organizations, give out information and enthuse the group as you go!
What do you bring?
- Good team player, proactive;
- Enthusiasm to work with other volunteers;
- Good knowledge of English and/or Dutch;
- Knowledge of (or intention to learn about) the organizations working on peace & justice in The Hague
- Genuine interest in the themes and the aim of the Just Peace Open Day;
- Great social skills and not afraid to talk to groups of people.
About The Hague Humanity Hub
Our growing community is active in a wide range of fields such as peacebuilding, justice innovation, education, humanitarian action, climate action, and development aid, and ranging from non-profit to for profit, start-ups to scale-ups, small local to large international organizations and academia. Our amibition is to unleash the potential of the ecosystem by engaging as many organsiations as possible in our community.
The Humanity Hub recently became an SDG House with the purpose to connect and support collaboration between diverse actors working on international impact to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals.
WHAT WE DO
- Build and support a diverse community of active members
- Act as a catalyst for connection and exchange of knowledge
- Offer innovative community-led programming around relevant themes
- Facilitate visibility, transparency and access to the Hague ecosystem
- Provide a connection point for talent and employers
- Enable the development of new initiatives and welcome newcomers
- Flexible office concept, event and meeting space and online event services
- Offer the community a home to meet and connect