Volunteer organization run by volunteers for volunteers. ACCESS serves the need of the international community and has been a valuable associate of Volunteer The Hague by sharing the knowledge and ...
ACCESS Helpdesk information Officer
Scan me or visit www.volunteerthehague.nl/o/ACCESS-Netherlands/opportunities/ACCESS-Helpdesk-information-Officer/65863 to join
SummaryACCESS relies on its English-speaking international and Dutch volunteers to offer free assistance to internationals moving and living in the Netherlands.
While the ACCESS main office is located in The Hague, our organization has helpdesks at Amsterdam, Utrecht, and Amstelveen. Often we have volunteering openings at these locations and we always take into account the most suitable location for you to volunteer based on the address you provide in your CV.
ACCESS relies on its English-speaking international and Dutch volunteers who enjoy helping others adjust to life in the Netherlands. We have approximately 140 volunteers from more than 40 different nationalities, who contribute their time, talents, effort and skills in order to help other expats to adjust to life in the Netherlands.
We are a dynamic volunteer, not-for-profit organisation that serves the needs and interests of the international community, namely by:
- providing information and guidance, free of charge, to the international community through our helpdesk, website and the expat centres we work from
- fostering cultural diversity, facilitating connections and encouraging growth for our volunteers, and
- providing services to the community through our childbirth courses, on-call Counsellors and training network.
You can read more about our services and what we do here: https://access-nl.org/
What we do
Through our Helpdesk in our back-offices we respond to questions from the public. We do the same, but face-to-face, through our Information and Hospitality Officers working from the ‘expat centres’ of The Hague, Amsterdam, Utrecht and Amstelveen. We do this at no cost to our clients.
What are the benefits of volunteering with ACCESS?
- Work in a professionally-run, international organisation
- Provide support to the international community in the Netherlands
- Develop interpersonal skills
- Improve existing skills while learning new ones
- Be a part of a creative team
- Use spare time constructively helping others
- Benefit from our extensive resources
- Meet new people and develop your network
How to register
Should you meet the minimum requirements listed below, you are welcome to apply to become an ACCESS volunteer by submitting your application here. Please note that applications and attachments must be in English to be considered.
- You must have a BSN number. For non-EU citizens, you must have a valid resident permit.
- You must have a proficient level of English: spoken and written.
- Our volunteer work is flexible. We ask for a minimum commitment of six hours per week for three months within the office hours of 10:00 – 16:00 Monday – Friday (this may vary if you work from one of our external operations/expat desks).
- Unfortunately candidates actively conducting a job search cannot be considered for volunteer positions.
- You must have at least 3 months expatriate experience in the Netherlands. Extended foreign student experiences and/or worldwide business travel does not, unfortunately, qualify.
Meet all the requirements? Then apply here!*
*Please note, your registration for the Information Session is not complete until you have RECEIVED CONFIRMATION from ACCESS.
About ACCESS Netherlands
Looking for an opportunity to meet new people? Become a receptionist with us!As a receptionist at our festival, you are the face of our 📽️ festival!
Posted by International Film Festival The Hague