What can the residents of The Hague do?
What can the residents of The Hague do?
The Hague Generally
- The National Instrument Fund (NMF) is currently collecting instruments for refugees who are temporarily in the Netherlands. These are mostly donations, sometimes also loans. This charity activity is initiated by pianist Anna Fedorova and is supported by the television program Podium Witteman and Radio 4. The NMF is originally an organization for top instruments for top musicians, but the bar is set a little lower for this promotion. We will not work with toy instruments, but with good, usable instruments for professional musicians and music students, but also for ambitious amateurs or music school students. Refugees have often not been able to take their instrument with them either. Their music hobby can come in handy to process experiences and find each other to play together. The main purpose of this initiative was the war in Ukraine, but this is emphatically intended for all refugees as well. However, the condition is that they live in a more or less stable situation, so that the instrument can be used properly and stored safely. We have already been offered quite a few instruments and have already established some matches: https://www.muziekinstrumentenfonds.nl/page/13814/dankbaar-voor-alle-i. Ben Cartens, 06 13806540
LIDL for Ukraine
- Residents of The Hague who want to help Ukrainian refugees with aid supplies can send a package by courier with items they need from this week. The start-up Smartmile makes its network of parcel machines available at Lidl supermarkets for this purpose. It works very simply: the donated packages are brought by bicycle couriers from StoreShippers to the aid organization Appeal Nederland on the Mauritskade. Because this club maintains contact with local parties, mayors and Ministery of Defense in Poland and Ukraine, they also know what goods are needed and where they should end up.
- Donate your clothes to Leger des heils. Ukrainian refugees who report to the Brood Fabriek receive a voucher to select clothing sets from the Leger des heils. Would you like to donate clothes or toys? Then hand it over to a Leger des Heils in your neighborhood.
- Stacey Knecht is an ambassador for Kinderzwerfboek (www.kinderzwerfboek.nl). Her mission is to provide free books to children all over the Netherlands, through the 5,000+ "little libraries” in schools, community centres, on sidewalks, etc. On 18 August, the first 10.000 books will arrive at 3 locations. 7.500 will go to a storage facility in Amsterdam, 2.000 will go to Vluchtelingenwerk (the Dutch Refugee Council) and 500 will go directly to the Headquarters of the Kinderzwerfboek in The Hague. The 7.500 books will be distributed by volunteers, thanks to the Ukrainian Embassy in The Hague, to more than 300 schools and 70 refugee centers. The Vluchtelingeneerk has its own nationwide distribution channels. The last 500 books will be sent to host families and Ukrainian families now living on their own. BUT: There are still many requests from schools and refugee centers for approximately 5.000 more books. Each book costs € 1 to produce and distribute. After paying € 10.000 for the first round of books, there is still about € 2.500 left, so if they can collect another € 2.500 in the coming weeks, they can submit a new order for 5,000 additional books. They're doing their best to remain practical, yet flexible. Thankfully, they can say with certainty that thousands of Ukrainian refugee children will soon be reading these lovely little books. That's what matters most!
The Hague - Center
- UKGR Evangelisch Centrum is collecting goods for Ukrainian Refugees in The Hague. You can donate the following goods: Adults: Shampoo/showergel, deodorant, bodylotion, toothbrushes/toothpaste, products against lice, comb, underwear in size S/M/L, school supplies such as pencil/ notebooks , cup-a-soup, cornflakes/muesli, grain/rice/pasta/boetweit/flour/oil, , kledinghangers. Kinderen: kindershampoo, bodylotion, tandenborste/tandpasta, kinderdrinkflessen met rietje, babymelk/voeding, house slippers, pampers/wipes, baby powder/ baby ointment. All of donations are not expired and unworn. You can drop your donations off at Fruitweg 4, The Hague. Thank you for your donations!
- Students for Ukraine and Emergency Appeal The Netherlands are collecting and shipping goods to Ukraine and the neighbour countries. At the University of Leiden, behind The Hague Central Station, they are collecting such as paracetamol, bandage, band-aids, shampoo and pampers. They are reaching another cities as well such as in Delft, Leiden & Rotterdam. Would you like to help them? They need transportation especially as much as it can.
The Hague - Laak
- Magdalena Wojtecka lives in Laak and she is originally from Poland. She regularly volunteers for a lot of activities in Laak and is committed to helping Ukrainians during this crisis. There are many people from Ukraine are fleeing to Poland which is why she is trying to help the refugees there by organizing donations of goods. If you would like to help or donate some goods, please send her an email to [email protected]. You can learn more about Magdalena and her work here.
The Hague - Escamp
- Stichting Escamp voor Vrouwen (Escamp for Women Foundation) is collecting women's clothing, children's clothing and shoes for the new residents from Ukraine and other war zones. You can hand your donation over to this organization which is located at Sterrenoord 97, The Hague. The opening hours are from Monday till Friday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. For more information please feel free to call Mina El Kadiri, 06-27126739 or send her an email to [email protected]
- A local resident of The Hague Paulina Warejko has started a fundraising campaign for Ukrainian women and children via her Facebook page. People can call her if they have things she can pick up. She stores these things temporary at her house and as soon as another bus or truck goes to Poland, they will bring these things there safely. Do you want to get to know her more? Read here.
- Inna Boodinova, a local resident of The Hague, has also started a collection point in Leyenburg. You can drop off items at the following address: Veenendaalkade 201, 2547 AE, The Hague. If no one is home, you may leave your belongings on the porch without any problems. She brings the donated goods directly to the front in Ukraine. No clothing can be accepted, but there is an urgent need for: 1) Medical supplies such as first aid kits, paracetamol (for adults and children), iodine, Imodium, antibiotics, reusable and disposable masks, tablets for disinfecting water, bandages, and plasters; 2) Food, especially food that can be heated quickly, energy bars, dried fruit, canned food, macaroni, baby food, squeezed fruit, and other similar items; and 3) Miscellaneous items such as power banks, batteries (AAA), flashlights, matches, lighters, headlamps, thermal blankets, diapers, baby wipes, pillows, and towels.
- Marta from Help for Polish Animals collects supplies for pets from Ukraine. Everything goes to the Polish/Ukrainian border once a month. There is a need for everything you can think of: dog/cat food, collars, leashes, baskets, rugs, etc. You can drop them off at Enschedelaan 20 in The Hague, and Marta can be reached by telephone at 06 1915 4964 and by email at [email protected].
The Hague - Loosduinen
- Also in Loosduinen, Marianna Birinyi and her colleague are collecting goods donations for Ukraine. You can hand these over to the following address: Forellendaal 520, The Hague. You can donate food with a long shelf life, sleeping bags, sleeping mats, baby food, water, first aid materials, medicines, flashlights, and batteries. No clothing please. Marianna's husband takes all donations to a carrier in Honselersdijk. She can be reached by email at [email protected].
- Theresa Oosterbaan, together with her friend, are collecting donations of basic needs for refugees who arrive in The Hague, such as shampoo, deodorant, shower gel, baby shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrushes, and more. You can bring your donations to Theresa at Ouverturestraat 72 or to Priscilla at Cantateplein 12. For more information please call 06 -25163095.
The Hague - Leidschendam - Voorburg
- There are many organizations, companies, individuals in Leidschendam-Voorburg which are hand in hand together with Oekraïense School Wesselka and Stichting Oekraïne Culturalis, to help Ukrainians. You can take your part by donating goods. There are highly needs in First-aid boxes, medicines, painkillers, adhesion materials, bandage, pampers, baby foods, sanitary towels, shampoo, soap, candles, lamps, fully charged batteries, canned foods such as vegetables, fruits, fish, etc. Grain, sleeping bag, night vision goggles,binoculars , generating sets and Walkie Talkies. Attention: no clothing, toys, todler/ children seat etc. Check where you can drop off your donations hier.
- Mirjam Stichter Is collecting donations for Ukrainian refugees who have already arrived in The Hague. Most have only been able to take a few things with them, so they are in desperate need of basic necessities, including women's undergarments, children's shoes, feminine care products, and much more. Do you perhaps have some things for Mirjam to bring to these refugees in The Hague? You can drop them off daily from 12:00 to 15:00 and from 18:00 to 20:00 at Von Geusaustraat 8, 2274RK,
The Hague - Leidschenveen - Ypenburg
- The Former "Corona town" is now available for positive tested Ukrainian Refugees. There are still many things needed such as boxes, boxes for clothes, children seats, baby tubs, bedding covers, bottle warmers, bottles,pillow mats, toys, clothing. You can bring your donations to Henri Faasdreef 194 in Leidschenveen. (Drive into the meadow up to the fences).
- Local expat Marysia Ozga drives to the border of Poland and Ukraine with goods for newly arrived refugees. All donations are collected in Rijswijk (Veraartlaan 8, second floor) and are brought to the border in vans by volunteers. Goods such as pain relievers, diapers, sanitary items, and blankets are much appreciated. See Marysia's Facebook post for more information.
- Do you have leftover maternity supplies? Anushka Kanhai from The Hague, a volunteer at the Baby Hope Foundation, is collecting maternity items. The Baby Hope Foundation has indicated that the collected items can be donated to Ukraine, where they are very much needed. Please contact Anushka by email at [email protected] to arrange item drop offs. Anushka is collecting donations for both Ukrainian babies at the border as well as for Ukrainian babies who have just arrived in the Netherlands.
- In this article you can read about local resident Lisovska from Rijswijk, who is collecting donations for her family members at the front. From the article: “When asked whether Lisovska is sure that everything will end up with the right people, a very definite yes follows. 'This foundation is not of today or yesterday. It has been around for eight years and has built up a whole network of reliable volunteers in Ukraine…. Only this has increased considerably in recent weeks. In fact, it is now massive.'" You can deliver items directly to Lisovska at the following address: 237 Caan van Necklaan in Rijswijk.
- Kindercentrum Snijders decided to give separately classes to the Ukrainian Children in Russian. A group of 15 Ukrainian children between the ages of 4 – 10 years. They will get a room at the childcare locations next to the Kindercentrum. There are two Ukrainian teachers who will give the lessons. They are looking for volunteers who speak Russian to help the teachers leading their activities. Check Start Wereldgroep | Kindcentrum Snijders (kcsnijders.nl) for more information.
- There is a mailing list has been created in WhatsApp Via the website of Westlandvoorelkaar. They share practical information and how you can get a social help such as transportation, buddy, cleaning service, accompaniment of activities. In that way they can offer help personally! Would you like to be on the list? Please fill in this form Vrijwillige Inzet voor Oekraïense vluchtelingen. But of course you can send a message yourself as well via WhatsApp: 06-83008574. Please mention: Registration for the Ukrainian list.