How best can people know their rights or claim same except through awareness, education and training. How best can people learn to maintain peace? How best can justice be promoted and applied? To an ...
We are looking for a Project Assistant to provide support to the CAJPHR’s Capacity Building team.
As Project Assistant, you are expected to coordinate and implement projects and carry out strategic support for the team’s initiatives. In addition, you must have legal knowledge and able to research, draft and edit texts, articles and reports related to Legal Capacity Building in Africa.
All the members that join CAJPHR’s Capacity Building team are expected to contribute with the general work of the Foundation in developing policies, writing funding proposals, and creating awareness about the work developed. In addition, members should be active in sharing our work, and participating in meetings and events.
● Research, draft, analyze and edit legal texts, statutes, articles and reports related to legal capacity building in African countries
● Create and Coordinate team’s initiatives
● Directly assist the Project Manager, and be responsible for leading the team in eventual situations.
● Manage External Stakeholders
● Design and coordinating specific program activities
● Create, maintain, organize various documents, on various digital platforms
● Collect, comply and analyze information relevant to the Capacity Building Team
● Provide support to the Capacity Building team for writing, reviewing, and translating documents.
● Build trust with donors, partners and apply optimal networking services.
● Assist the team with fundraising.
Required skills and competencies:
● Excellent oral and written communication skills
● Have International Criminal Law or similar background
● Proven legal research skills
● Ability to work well with others and meet deadlines
● Ability to prioritize tasks, work calmly under pressure and to work independently
● Excellent organizational skills with the ability to coordinate activities
1) Prosecuting sexual violence perpetrated against the male gender (In conflict - and peace situations)
2) Legal research with possibility of field work
3) Capacity building of prosecutors, lawyers and judges in Africa
4) Women empowerment
5) Promotion of peace