What can Ukrainian Refugees do in The Hague?
(Для України перейдіть на цю сторінку)
- If you are looking for a job, you can click this link.
- Local NGO Together International is running several humanitarian initiatives both locally and at the Polish/Ukrainian border. Learn how you can get involved here, or by visiting their website.
- Job aid for Ukrainian refugees supports people who had to leave their country. We want to bring jobseekers and employers together to support the integration into the European labor market and to bring back financial security. Find jobs here, here, here, here and here.
- Saturday and summer school of the Bamboo Child Center has room to take care of Ukrainian children. On Saturday there is room for children between 7 and 12 years old, on the summer school for children between 4 and 12 years. Please contact Raymond Been via [email protected] or tel: 070 - 3662011 / 06 - 31792983. Sign up.
Free of Charge Languages Classes
- Free of charge Dutch course for refugees (for beginners). Click here for more information.
- Free of charge English class from Buffi. Would you like to make more friends? Do you want to learn English more? The lessons will be given every Monday from 7.30 p.m. till 8.30 p.m. via Zoom. Buffi gives the lessons in a playful and fun way to let the participants experience themselves how to communicate things in English better. This class is not for beginners. Are you interested in? Send an email to: [email protected]
- Taal aan Zee offers Dutch lessons. It is not an official school. The teachers are volunteers. Classes are twice a week. The lessons consist of reading, listening, writing, speaking. The walk-in consultation hour is every Tuesday from 10 am to 00.30 pm at Taal aan Zee Calandstraat 1 in The Hague. Click here for more information about the classes and the location. You can find the reception of Taal aan Zee on the 5th floor. Sign up for Dutch lessons
- Playing is very important for children! You can find playgrounds and farms where you can spend your day with your children via this link http://kidsplaythehague.nl
- Do you live in Scheveningen, The Hague or in the surrounding areas and do you know some Ukrainian children who love to play music? Send an e-mail to [email protected]. YMCA makes contact with the child and his or her parent(s) or carer(s) in an accessible way, by an app in Ukrainian. Then they send an invitation to discuss which instrument the child plays or prefers to learn to play. To Ukrainian children who cannot afford the lessons, they are offered free of charge.
The Hague - City Center
- Local resident Sasha Mir is organizing an initiative of art and/or music workshops for children from Ukraine, along with psychological counseling for parents and children. There is already space, as well as volunteers who want to work with the children. She is specifically looking for 1) Ukrainian mothers with children currently residing in The Hague and 2) Volunteers who want to accompany the children, including artists, musicians, and psychologists. You can find Sasha's Facebook post here, and feel free to send her a private message via Messenger. Do you know someone who offers shelter? Please feel free to forward this message to them.
- Free of charge city tours for refugees by Valya Coquil, is a guide in The Hague and she gives free city tours for refugees from Ukraine. She also gives tours which is the yield goes to some charities for the Ukrainians. You can find information and schedule on Instagram, Facebook or Telegram.
- A group of Ukrainian/Russian-speaking volunteers is organizing activities. One of the initiatives is organizing meet-ups for mothers & kids who have fled the war in Ukraine. Locations where meet-ups take place can be found on Facebook They will be organizing meet ups across the city, hosted by Ukrainian- and Russian-speaking residents of The Hague.
- From mid-April, Haags KunstAtelier is organizing a parent & child walk-in morning every Wednesday or Thursday from 9.30 to12.00 where families can meet each other, and Art activities are offered to spare the parents and/or children. We have a nice light space in the Zeeheldenkwartier, lovely art teachers and, if desired, psychological support for parent and child. Are you or do you know a Ukrainian family who could use a helping hand and want to get to know compatriots and the culture of the city with us? Then sign them up for our walk-in morning!
- Every Monday morning MOC (Multiculture Meeting Point) is organizing a coffee table for parents and children from Ukraine from 9.45 a.m. to 11.45 a.m. at Teniersstraat 17 The Hague. They can join nice and fun activities so hopefully they can enjoy their day nicely. It doesn't matter whether you speak Dutch or English or not.
- Football will take place on Tuesday from 4.30 p.m. to 5.30 p.m. at HVV (The Hague Football Association). It's located at Van Hogenhoucklaan 37, 2596 TA The Hague.
- HVV summer football camp. A football camp will take place in the summer at HVV on August 15th, 2022 till August 19th, 2022. Ukrainian children from 6 to 12-year-old can join the camps for free. There are only 10 places available for each camp. Sign up now and send an email to [email protected] . Please mention the name, date of birth, experience in football and the phone number.
- Krajicek Foundation is organizing sporting and playing every Wednesday at het Spaarwaterplein (Bezuidenhout) for Ukrainian Children.
- Free Yoga Class. Every Sunday at 10.30 a.m. you can join a Free Yoga Class at the Paleistuin (the Palace Garden), Prinsessewal in The Hague (and: Online!). Should you any question about it, then please feel free to send an email to [email protected]
- Lunch-meeting for Ukrainians in the center of The Hague. Every Friday between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. you can join the lunch-meeting at the Evangelical Church which is located at Bleijenburg 3B, 2511 VC. This meeting is for Ukrainians by Ukrainians. There is a children day care available.
The Hague - Haagse Hout
- Parklopen every Sunday morning in Clingendael at 09:15 am. Everyone (so all ages and all levels) are welcome to come and walk or run on a 1, 3 or 5 kilometer course. Collecting for the Clingendael Institute. Of course free and registration is never necessary! Information can be found at www.parklopen.nl and any questions can be sent to [email protected].
- Creative morning for children. Every Saturday 10-12 am a creative morning for children in the Koetshuis in Clingendael. Sign up at [email protected].
The Hague - Laak
- Het vadercentrum is a place where people can go every day for many different activities. A place to work and relax. There is a meeting room where you can enjoy coffee/tea and other drinks and snacks. There are games, newspapers and magazines and an exhibition is regularly held. The Vadercentrum has a classroom with computers with an internet connection. Language classes, first aid courses, information sessions and many other courses and activities are also organized in this room. There is also a tailor's room. In this room are industrial sewing machines and tailoring courses are given. For more information or questions you can always reach Bilal's telephone number: 06-40644037
- Weggeef Winkel (The Give-Away-Shop), here you can go for Clothing, Toys or Household goods, etc., of course also Free / Omniet. Jonckbloetplein 80 - 2523 AV The Hague - 070 2052410 [email protected] - HaagseVaders.NL . Opening hours: Tuesday 13.00 - 16.00. Wednesday 13.00 - 16.00. Thursday 13.00 - 16.00. Thursday Evening 18.00 - 20.00.
- Art-S-Cool, the Artschool in the Hague Schilderswijk aims to bring children, their parents and residents into contact with art. They give lessons at schools and in their own studios. Professional artists develop and organize surprising art activities in the neighbourhood. In this way they stimulate children and teenagers from The Hague's high-profile neighborhoods to discover and develop their artistic talents. It may be a holiday, but many Ukrainian children are still unable to go home or go on holiday. Especially to pay them highly attention, Art-S-Cool has made three online art lessons in Ukrainian in collaboration with Geld voor je Kunst. The classes are suitable for children between 4 and 12 years old. The first video was a pilot, in which Ukrainian artist Alexandra Hunts dubbed an online art lesson from their colleague Leontine Lieffering. Please take a look to the following YouTube video:
The Hague - Escamp
- A protestant church in The Hague South West, has also thought about how they can do something for the thousands of refugees who are expected to come to the Netherlands. As a solution, they have decided to keep the Bosbekapel open on Saturdays for refugee families and to offer activities here that are needed. (childcare, communal meal) With this they hope to relieve the refugee shelters for one day and to stimulate mutual encounters between refugees.
The Hague - Segbroek
- Refugees can train for free at Haag Atletiek Haag Atletiek offers all refugees from Ukraine and other countries the opportunity to train for free for a year. Training can be done with all existing junior and adult training groups, both on track and on the road. This is possible at all levels, by young and old. The only exception to this is training with the training groups of the pupils (6 to 12 years old). Unfortunately, these groups are already full. You can register via the secretary: [email protected]. General information about the groups, training times and location can be found at: www.haagatletiek.nl.
The Hague - Scheveningen
- Playing football in Westbroekpark. Wessel van der Donk plays football every week on Sundays from 2.30pm with a small group of people in the Westbroekpark in The Hague. Participation is free. It is suitable for men and women over 16 years old. Click here for the exact location.
- Welzijn Scheveningen organizes multiple activities for Ukranian refugees in Het Kalhuis, Badhuisstraat 177, Den Haag:
- Free drawing class on Wednesday 15:00 -16:00 for kids up to 18 years old. Done by a professional teacher.
- Free English class on Thursday 13:30 -15:30 for adult (all levels are welcome). Teacher is Ukranian and former teacher English. Few places available.
- Free English class on Tuesday 13:00 - 14:30 for people who already have knowledge of English but who want to improve their English, especially their grammar. Teacher speaks Dutch but used to be a teacher English and English tutor. Few places available.
- All activities take place at Het Kalhuis, Badhuisstraat 177, Den Haag. Are you Ukrainian or do you know Ukrainians who are interested in one of these activities? Please e-mail [email protected].
Voorburg - Leidschenveen
- Russian language samboles to children. Sambo is a form of self-defense that we teach the kids in a playful way. Previously, it was mainly children of Russian expats who played sports with us, but the first Ukrainian refugees are already trickling in! The children enjoy sports together and being able to participate in a language they understand is of course a big plus! We would like to welcome more Ukrainians. More information can be found at: https://www.nederlandruslandinstituut.nl/rscc. Here are also the lesson times at which the children can simply join a lesson.
- A hairdresser wants to improve his skill more and more which is why he is looking for male models who can get a free cut at his hair salon. There is no any difference between a free cut and a paid cut. The only difference is that this is a training and completely free. Every Wednesday, Thursday and Friday in the HairApp Salon in Leidschenveen (The Hague). To make a free appointment in our salon you can send an email to [email protected]
- The Hague Runners would like to contribute by offering refugees a form of relaxation. People can sign up (of course for free!) for running or walking with our groups. Training times are listed here on our site. Unfortunately, our trainers are not trained to also train youth (< 16 years), but everyone else is welcome. Interested parties can register by sending an email to [email protected]
- Ekaterina is organizing Yoga lessons for the refugees from Ukraine to help them to overcome these terrible times. The lesson for now is once a week on Friday morning at Buurthuis De Yp, Oeverwallaan 130, 2498 BK Den Haag. It is free of charge of course! Other lessons might be planned on demand. You can contact her for more information via email [email protected] or via whatsapp +31628954285.