The Hague - City Center
- A group of Ukrainian/Russian-speaking volunteers is organizing activities. One of the initiatives is organizing meet-ups for mothers & kids who have fled the war in Ukraine. Locations where meet-ups take place can be found on Facebook They will be organizing meet ups across the city, hosted by Ukrainian- and Russian-speaking residents of The Hague.
- Every Monday morning MOC (Multiculture Meeting Point) is organizing a coffee table for parents and children from Ukraine from 9.45 a.m. to 11.45 a.m. at Teniersstraat 17 The Hague. They can join nice and fun activities so hopefully they can enjoy their day nicely. It doesn't matter whether you speak Dutch or English or not.
- Ukrainian-meet up inThe Hague. Every Friday between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. you can join the tea party and distibution of clothes at the Evangelical Church which is located at Bleijenburg 3B, 2511 VC. This meeting is for Ukrainians by Ukrainians. There is a play area for kids. For more information check this link: https://m.facebook.com/groups/542508160593828/
The Hague - Haagse Hout
- Parklopen every Sunday morning in Clingendael at 09:15 am. Everyone (so all ages and all levels) are welcome to come and walk or run on a 1, 3 or 5 kilometer course. Collecting for the Clingendael Institute. Of course free and registration is never necessary! Information can be found at www.parklopen.nl and any questions can be sent to [email protected].
The Hague – Laak
- Het vadercentrum is a place where people can go every day for many different activities. A place to work and relax. There is a meeting room where you can enjoy coffee/tea and other drinks and snacks. There are games, newspapers and magazines and an exhibition is regularly held. The Vadercentrum has a classroom with computers with an internet connection. Language classes, first aid courses, information sessions and many other courses and activities are also organized in this room. There is also a tailor's room. In this room are industrial sewing machines and tailoring courses are given. For more information or questions you can always reach Bilal's telephone number: 06-40644037. https://haagsevaders.nl/
- Taal aan Zee offers Dutch lessons. It is not an official school. The teachers are volunteers. Classes are twice a week. The lessons consist of reading, listening, writing, speaking. The walk-in consultation hour is every Tuesday from 10 am to 00.30 pm at Taal aan Zee Calandstraat 1 in The Hague. Click here for more information about the classes and the location. You can find the reception of Taal aan Zee on the 5th floor. Sign up for Dutch lessons
The Hague – Segbroek
- Theater de Nieuwe Regentes: Ukkie concert and toddler dance
- Ukkieconcert: age category is 1 to 4 years. Takes about 45 minutes. It costs 5 euros. Check out the site for more information.
- Toddler dance: age category is 2 to 4 years. Takes about 45 minutes. It costs 5 euros. Check out the site for more information.
The Hague – Scheveningen
- Since last year, the Kalhuis Neighborhood and Services Center has been organizing free weekly activities for Ukrainians who have ended up in the area since the outbreak of the war. This is made possible by a number of very involved volunteers. We have space available for new participants at the following activities:
- Every Tuesday afternoon 13:00 – 14:30 English lesson intermediate+, for those who are already somewhat familiar with the English language and want to improve it, especially grammatically. It is a Dutch speaking volunteer who has been an English teacher and has experience in giving extra lessons in English.
- Every Thursday afternoon 13:30 – 15:30 English lessons for starters. The class is taught by a Ukrainian teacher who has been an English teacher in the past.
- Do you want to participate or do you know Ukrainians who are interested in one of these activities? You can register in advance via [email protected] The activities will be given in Wijk- en Dienstcentrum het Kalhuis, Badhuisstraat 177 The Hague.
- Ekaterina is organizing Yoga lessons for the refugees from Ukraine to help them to overcome these terrible times. The lesson for now is once a week on Friday morning at Buurthuis De Yp, Oeverwallaan 130, 2498 BK Den Haag. It is free of charge of course! Other lessons might be planned on demand. You can contact her for more information via email [email protected] or via whatsapp +31628954285.