What can Ukrainian Refugees do in The Hague?
(Для України перейдіть на цю сторінку)
- Local NGO Together International is running several humanitarian initiatives both locally and at the Polish/Ukrainian border. Learn how you can get involved here, or by visiting their website.
- Free beginners course Dutch for refugees. Click here for more information.
- Job aid for Ukrainian refugees supports people who had to leave their country. We want to bring jobseekers and employers together to support the integration into the European labor market and to bring back financial security. Find jobs here, here, here, here and here.
- Free English lessons from Buffi. Do you want more social talk? confused about grammar? Buffi loves to help you on every monday night 19:30 - 20:30 via Zoom. She has a lot of information, materials and some really fun lessons to help you feel better about communicating in English. E-mail her for the link! [email protected]
- Are you from Scheveningen, The Hague or the surrounding area and do you know Ukrainian children who really want to make music? Send an email to [email protected]. YMCA then makes contact with the child and his or her parent(s) or guardian(s) in an accessible way, via an app in Ukrainian. If interested, there is first an invitation for a conversation about which instrument the child plays or would prefer to learn to play. Ukrainian children who cannot afford the lessons are offered them for free.
The Hague - Center
- Local resident Sasha Mir is organizing an initiative of art and/or music workshops for children from Ukraine, along with psychological counseling for parents and children. There is already space, as well as volunteers who want to work with the children. She is specifically looking for 1) Ukrainian mothers with children currently residing in The Hague. (Do you know someone who offers shelter? Please forward this message to them.); and 2) Volunteers who want to accompany the children, including artists, musicians, and psychologists. You can find Sasha's Facebook post here, and you can feel free to send her a private message via Messenger.
- Free city tours for refugees by Valya Coquil, is a guide in The Hague and gives free city tours for refugees from Ukraine. She also gives tours with all the money going to charities for the Ukrainians. You can find information and schedule on Instagram, Facebook or Telegram.
- A group of Ukrainian/Russian-speaking volunteers is organizing activities. One of the initiatives is organizing meet-ups for mothers & kids who have fled the war in Ukraine. Locations where meet-ups take place can be found on Facebook They will be organizing meet ups across the city, hosted by Ukrainian- and Russian-speaking residents of The Hague.
- Taal aan Zee offers Dutch lessons. It is not an official school. The teachers are volunteers. Classes are twice a week. That is reading, listening, writing, speaking. The walk-in consultation hour is every Tuesday from 10 am to 12:30 pm at Taal aan Zee (Calandstraat 1 in The Hague). Click here for more information about the location. You can report to the reception of Taal aan Zee on the 5th floor. Sign up for Dutch lessons at Taal aan Zee Centraal.
- From mid-April, Haags KunstAtelier organizes a parent & child walk-in morning every Wednesday or Thursday from 09:30-12:00 where families can meet each other, and Art activities are offered to spare the parents and/or children. We have a nice light space in the Zeeheldenkwartier, lovely art teachers and, if desired, psychological support for parent and child. Are you or do you know a Ukrainian family who could use a helping hand and want to get to know compatriots and the culture of the city with us? Then sign them up for our walk-in morning!
- UKGR Evangelisch Centrum is collecting goods for Ukranian refugees that found shelter in The Hague. The following items can be donated: Adults: Shampoo/showergel, deodorant, bodylotion, toothbrush/toothpaste, products against lice, brush/comb, underwear (s/m/l), schoolarticles (pen/pencil/notebook), cup-a-soup, cornflakes/muesli, cereal/rice/pasta/flower/oil, slippers, clothhangers. Children: childrenshampoo/showergel, bodylotion, toothpaste/toothbrush, drinkbottles, babymilk/babyfood, slippers, underwear, diapers/wipes, All items need to be new! And are collected at Fruitweg 4. Thank you for your efford!
- UKGR is organizing on Saturday April 23 from 12:00-17:00 a give away market for Ukrainian refugees. Spread the word!
The Hague - Haage hout
- Parklopen every Sunday morning in Clingendael at 09:15 am. Everyone (so all ages and all levels) are welcome to come and walk or run on a 1, 3 or 5 kilometer course. Collecting for the Clingendael Institute. Of course free and registration is never necessary! Information can be found at www.parklopen.nl and any questions can be sent to [email protected].
- Creative morning for children. Every Saturday 10-12 am a creative morning for children in the Koetshuis in Clingendael. Sign up at [email protected].
The Hague - Laak
- Het vadercentrum is a place where people can go every day for many different activities. A place to work and relax. There is a meeting room where you can enjoy coffee/tea and other drinks and snacks. There are games, newspapers and magazines and an exhibition is regularly held. The Vadercentrum has a classroom with computers with an internet connection. Language classes, first aid courses, information sessions and many other courses and activities are also organized in this room. There is also a tailor's room. In this room are industrial sewing machines and tailoring courses are given. For more information or questions you can always reach Bilal's telephone number: 06-40644037
- The Give-Away-Shop, here you can go for Clothing, Toys or Household goods, etc., of course also Free / Omniet. Jonckbloetplein 80 - 2523 AV The Hague - 070 2052410 [email protected] - www.haagsevaders.nl. Opening hours: Tuesday 13.00 - 16.00. Wednesday 13.00 - 16.00. Thursday 13.00 - 16.00. Thursday Evening 18.00 - 20.00
The Hague - Escamp
- A protestant church in The Hague South West, has also thought about how they can do something for the thousands of refugees who are expected to come to the Netherlands. As a solution, they have decided to keep the Bosbekapel open on Saturdays for refugee families and to offer activities here that are needed. (childcare, communal meal, …..) With this they hope to relieve the refugee shelters for one day and to stimulate mutual encounters between refugees.
The Hague - Segbroek
- Refugees can train for free at Haag Atletiek Haag Atletiek offers all refugees from Ukraine and other countries the opportunity to train for free for a year. Training can be done with all existing junior and adult training groups, both on track and on the road. This is possible at all levels, by young and old. The only exception to this is training with the training groups of the pupils (6 to 12 years old). Unfortunately, these groups are already full. You can register via the secretary: [email protected]. General information about the groups, training times and location can be found at: www.haagatletiek.nl.
The Hague - Scheveningen
- Playing football in Westbroekpark. Wessel van der Donk plays football every week on Sundays from 2.30pm with a small group of people in the Westbroekpark in The Hague. Participation is free. It is suitable for men and women over 16 years old. Click here for the exact location.
- Welzijn Scheveningen organizes multiple activities for Ukranian refugees in Het Kalhuis, Badhuisstraat 177, Den Haag:
- Free drawing class on Wednesday 15:00 -16:00 for kids up to 18 years old. Done by a professional teacher.
- Free English class on Thursday 13:30 -15:30 for adult (all levels are welcome). Teacher is Ukranian and former teacher English. Few places avalable.
- Free English class on Tuesday 13:00 - 14:30 for people who already have knowledge of English but who want to improve their English, especially their grammar. Teacher speaks Dutch but used to be a teacher English and English tutor. Few places available.
- All activities take place at Het Kalhuis, Badhuisstraat 177, Den Haag. Are you Ukrainian or do you know Ukrainians who are interested in one of these activities? Please e-mail [email protected].
- Russian language samboles to children. Sambo is a form of self-defense that we teach the kids in a playful way. Previously, it was mainly children of Russian expats who played sports with us, but the first Ukrainian refugees are already trickling in! The children enjoy sports together and being able to participate in a language they understand is of course a big plus! We would like to welcome more Ukrainians. More information can be found at: https://www.nederlandruslandinstituut.nl/rscc. Here are also the lesson times at which the children can simply join a lesson.
- I've been working as a hairdresser for years, and to train even more I'm looking for male models in our salon who want a free haircut. This is the same as a paid haircut, the only difference is that this is training and completely free. Every Wednesday, Thursday and Friday in the HairApp Salon in Leidschenveen (The Hague). To make a free appointment in our salon you can send an email to: [email protected]
- The Hague Runners would like to contribute by offering refugees a form of relaxation. People can sign up (of course for free!) for running or walking with our groups. Training times are listed here on our site. Unfortunately, our trainers are not trained to also train youth (< 16 years), but everyone else is welcome. Interested parties can register by sending an email to [email protected]
- I organized Yoga lessons for the refugees from Ukraine to help them to overcome these terrible times. The lesson for now is once a week on Friday morning at Buurthuis De Yp, Oeverwallaan 130, 2498 BK Den Haag. It is free of charge of course! Other lessons might be planned on demand. They can contact me for more information via email [email protected] or via whatsapp +31628954285 (Ekaterina).
- Saturday and summer school of the Bamboo Child Center has room to take care of Ukrainian children. On Saturday there is room for children between 7 and 12 years old, on the summer school for children between 4 and 12 years. Please contact Raymond Been via [email protected] or tel: 070 - 3662011 / 06 - 31792983. Sign up.
- Play for children is important! If you click on this link you can find playgrounds and farms where you can go with your child. http://kidsplaythehague.nl