Delft MaMa is a non-profit organization promoting the well-being and integration of international mothers-to-be and mothers of young children (0-12 years old) in and around ...
HR Volunteer Coördinator
Scan me or visit www.volunteerthehague.nl/o/Delft-Maternity-And-Motherhood-Assistance-Delft-MaMa/opportunities/HR-Volunteer-Coordinator/41988 to join
SummaryDelft MaMa needs a great communicator and listener. Help maintaining our current volunteers, attract the new talents, and grow the organization.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Actively recruit new volunteers to our organization - via social media channels, volunteer portals and networking
- Be available for contact by volunteers and help to ensure they are satisfied with their volunteer experience at Delft MaMa
- Maintain the Delft MaMa LinkedIn page with content as well as announcements of open positions
- Review applications and undertake interviews with new potential volunteers
- Establish policies and record keeping practices relevant for human resource purposes - including intake process, exit interviews
- Regularly update the volunteer database and ensure information remains confidential
- Strategize for human resource growth and management within Delft MaMa
- Report directly to the DelftMaMa Chairwoman and work closely with the members of the Board, the Webmaster and the Communications Coordinator
- You are respectful and possess cultural awareness and sensitivity. You are moreover compassionate, enthusiastic, proactive and pragmatic, and capable of problem solving with diplomacy
- You have good interpersonal and organisational skills along with great communication skills
- You have experience with human resources or relevant domains- relevant experiences will be considered an asset
So what’s in it for me?
Although there’s currently no financial benefit associated with taking on the extra responsibility of being a Volunteer Coordinator, there are some tangible benefits:
- Skill up interpersonal and related communication skills
- Overseeing our volunteers means that you become a key communicator and player in DelftMaMa – and this will only increase as the importance/influence and impact of the organization increases.
- You’re empowered to make decisions about how our recruitment strategy develops – which gives you both influence and responsibility.
- We are supporting putting this volunteer position on your LinkedIn profile, and you will get an excellent recommendation after a 3-month trial period.
About Delft Maternity And Motherhood Assistance (Delft MaMa)
Delft MaMa is a non-profit organization promoting the well-being and integration of international mothers-to-be and mothers of young children (0-12 years old) in and around Delft, The Netherlands.
Delft MaMa is an organization for international families in Delft and the surrounding areas that has coordinated over a decade worth of events, workshops, playgroups, and meet-ups in Delft. Founded in 2007, Delft MaMa reaches thousands and offers information, support, community and events through a strong and constantly evolving network of kind, devoted and active members who are working toward inclusion and want to make Delft their own and their families’ new home.
There is huge opportunity for this organization to grow, and we are seeking passionate and energetic people to join our team and grow with us.
We organize weekly meetups for parents and babies as well as monthly and seasonal activities and programs in the Delft region to build community for internationals in Delft. Further, Delft MaMa's signature Soft Landing in Delft (SLiDe) Program supports international families as they adapt to life in Delft through a free, six-to-eight week mentoring program with experienced Delftenaaren.