The Humanity Hub is a not-for-profit foundation that supports and strengthens the Hague ecosystem for a more peaceful and just world. We facilitate collaboration and innovation by offering the ...
Volunteer at the Just Peace Open Day on October 16
Scan me or visit www.volunteerthehague.nl/o/The-Hague-Humanity-Hub/opportunities/Volunteer-at-the-Just-Peace-Open-Day-on-October-16/57736 to join
Are you interested in peace & justice and are looking for an opportunity to be more involved in what is going on in The Hague? Then look no further!
Do you want to support the activities of contributing organisations during the Just Peace Month? Are you interested in peace & justice and are looking for an opportunity to be more involved in what is going on in The Hague? Then look no further and come join our team!
The Just Peace Month is a month-long public programme run by The Hague Humanity Hub that aims to bring peace and justice to life for citizens of The Hague. Under the overarching theme ‘Hope in times of adversity’ we seek to showcase the myriad of ways in which the ecosystem of The Hague is working towards a more peaceful and just world and make the idea of ‘The Hague, International City of Peace and Justice’ more tangible to its citizens.
On October 16 we need additional support from volunteers to assist participating international organisations with their Just Peace Open Day activities. This is a unique opportunity to visit and get to know some of the largest international peace & justice organisations in The Hague. For example; the International Criminal Court, Europol, Peace Palace, OPCW, Humanity Hub, Justice & Peace, Netherlands Helsinki Committee and many more.
What does the position entail?
As a volunteer, you will work with the Just Peace Month team to support organisations in one or more of the following tasks:
· Event support (registration, directions, logistics, allround)
What do you bring?
- Good team player, proactive;
- Enthusiasm to work with other volunteers;
- Good knowledge of English and/or Dutch;
- Knowledge of the organisations working on peace & justice in The Hague, genuine interest in the themes and the aim of the Just Peace Month;
What we will provide to volunteers🤝 Extra support
About The Hague Humanity Hub
Our growing community is active in a wide range of fields such as peacebuilding, justice innovation, education, humanitarian action, climate action, and development aid, and ranging from non-profit to for profit, start-ups to scale-ups, small local to large international organizations and academia. Our amibition is to unleash the potential of the ecosystem by engaging as many organsiations as possible in our community.
The Humanity Hub recently became an SDG House with the purpose to connect and support collaboration between diverse actors working on international impact to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals.
WHAT WE DO
- Build and support a diverse community of active members
- Act as a catalyst for connection and exchange of knowledge
- Offer innovative community-led programming around relevant themes
- Facilitate visibility, transparency and access to the Hague ecosystem
- Provide a connection point for talent and employers
- Enable the development of new initiatives and welcome newcomers
- Flexible office concept, event and meeting space and online event services
- Offer the community a home to meet and connect