Scan me or visit www.volunteerthehague.nl/o/COC-Haaglanden/opportunities/LGBT-educators/54498 to join
SummaryWould you like to discuss sexual orientation and gender identity with your team members? Join the information team!
Would you like to discuss sexual orientation and gender identity with students (together with your team members)? Do you think it is important that there is a safe atmosphere in schools and that every student can be themselves? Are you available for two half days per month?
Do you want to provide information at schools and institutions in The Hague, Rijkswijk, Zoetermeer, Leidschendam-Voorburg or Westland?
- are out of the closet, and okay with yourself, as a queer, lesbian, gay, bi, transgender person or asexual or have (demonstrable) experience with it;
- can withstand criticism, negative reactions and emotions;
- are interested in the world of students; primary or secondary or students MBO/HBO or university.
- are not afraid to stand in front of groups and are able to improvise;
- have good social and communication skills;
- Training and guidance by experienced information officers in the field of presentation, anti-discrimination, dealing with resistance and everything you need to be able to stand in front of a group.
- Fun social activities for volunteers that strengthen the team spirit.
- Volunteer Fee
- Travel allowance
What volunteers need:
- A statement of conduct (provided by the municipality on our cost)
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs
About COC Haaglanden
The objectives are:
Promoting the societal and social acceptance of homosexuality. Fighting discrimination and promoting the emancipation of gay men, lesbian women, bisexuals and transgenders in the Haaglanden region.